Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wasn't completely convinced by the lightning during the year and in the first round, but they are playing pretty solidly.

The fact that Pronger went to the Finals with teams like Edmonton and Anaheim speaks volumes. It's one thing to play for a team like Detroit and talk about winning, it's another to talk about teams like Anaheim and Edmonton.

You can put any defenseman in the league on Detroit's roster and he's going to be able to say he's gone to the finals and brought the Cup home.

You can't compare going to finals on Detroit's roster to going to the finals on Edmonton or Anaheim.

I respectfully endorse that having Lidstrom on the roster is probably one of the greatest reason Detroit was able to reach the playoffs all of these years. But I do see your point. I think you mean to say that Pronger was the main reason those teams went to the finals.

Are the Sharks going to knock out the Red Wings again?

What a great couple of games! The Sharks are apparently an even match for the Wings this year. Nice to see a former Detroit assistant coach has learned well under his old master!

I particularly enjoyed seeing Babcock joking on the bench about how fun playoff hockey was. You know? He's right!

The Sharks did a great job pressuring Detroit in their own end, not allowing them to get easy clears out of their own zone, and covering the middle and blue lines as well. That is not an easy thing to do.

Both goalies have played very well.

I respectfully endorse that having Lidstrom on the roster is probably one of the greatest reason Detroit was able to reach the playoffs all of these years. But I do see your point. I think you mean to say that Pronger was the main reason those teams went to the finals.

I'm saying he was a huge part on a lesser team compared to Detroit. Both players have had very solid careers while playing a different style. I think saying he's overrated is extremely inaccurate, to the point of absurd and ridiculous.

Lidstrom is an no doubt HOFer but at the same time, he's played with HOF players around him on both sides of the puck. He played with a goaltender that redefined the position and an offense that for many years could just score at will. I am not taking away from Lidstrom, but you put any HOF caliber defenseman on a roster like many Detroit has put on the ice for the last 15-20 years and that player will look even better and win Cups. It's like any insanely talented player on teams that were considered dynasties. He's definitely a rare breed and I wish I could have seen more of him.

The Defense?? I would blame it on the goalie...He sucked..Your goaltenders better play better or it's lights out for you....

What the hell???? C'mon man!!! "obnoxious hockey trash talk"!! How am I supposed to gloat about how much the Flyers sucked the place out and how overrated Pronger is after a post like this!?!

Even I'm not so much of an ahole that I can be obnoxious about, "but at least I had a really nice day with my daughter"!!

Bastard.

Go B's!

Here she is, she got on the big screen at both games she's been to this year:

Trunk-gaiting:
225330_10150236267507324_554472323_9162924_8295725_n.jpg

Cape:
217318_10150236322612324_554472323_9163661_604592_n.jpg

We can still trash talk...I'm good with it. The Bruins got lucky. They scored a lot of gift goals the Flyers defense just gave them. Yeah, Boosh Bag wasn't on his game, but he was totally left alone out there.

We'll see how tonight goes.

Rinne's saves aren't luck, he can win a series all by himself. The guy has been amazing all year. A lot of people are shocked when the Preds beat them, but it happens again and again.

Glad you had a good day with your daughter but I still think the Flyers are overrated and you've been drinking the kool-aid.

Now to my team. FU SJ. GO WINGS!!!! I'm not ready to give up yet, we just need to skate for crying out loud.

Flyers suck. Pronger sucks.

I believe I've proven my theory.

Ps. She's a cutie but the Flyers still suck

The Bruins suck. :29 seconds in and now the Flyers are on the power play!

Glad you had a good day with your daughter but I still think the Flyers are overrated and you've been drinking the kool-aid.

You're overrated and have been drinking too much home brew! Wings are overrated, too.

Whhhhhhhat the &$@#!!!!?!?!?

"2 minutes on the Bruins for breathing on the other guy"

Gimme a freakin break.

Pathetic.

At least we know the B's are capable of hangin seven on em

Whhhhhhhat the &$@#!!!!?!?!?

"2 minutes on the Bruins for breathing on the other guy"

Gimme a freakin break.

Pathetic.

At least we know the B's are capable of hangin seven on em

2-0 Flyers! Pretty weak call, but he did put his arm in there when he was beat and that's classic for holding, they're going to call that every time. I would have been pissed if it was on the Flyers, but it's a stupid move to make by any player.

Carcillo can't get a call when he gets punched in the face by two different players after the whistle, but he draws a fairly weak holding call along the boards when he has someone beat...go figure.

JVR is a monster!!!

Garbage call all the way. Gimme a freakin break. It is the playoffs not a knitting class.

2-1. You gotta be nerrrrrrrrrvous

Not at all...the Flyers haven't had a shutout all year to include the playoffs...I'm not worried.

Those are the kinds of calls I dealt with the entire series against Buffalo, yet when Carcillo was getting punched in the face not getting calls, it's just the way it went.

2-2...had to keep it interesting.

How the eff do you give up that breakaway? If you're Timonen, you have to take that shot and stay back, or someone needs to cover!!@#! Cripes!!

Latest posts

Back