Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Know what? I do not think that Ovechkin is as good as his paycheck. After watching him be a puck hog trying to be the hero in the playoffs last year, I questioned his ability. So now, what has he done lately? Of course I have not seen his name in the headlines, but Washington is playing as bad as the Rangers give or take, what is he doing to help? I honesty hope he pulls it together cause the Caps are one of my east coast backup teams to root for when the Rangers and Tampa get beat in the playoffs.

Know what? I do not think that Ovechkin is as good as his paycheck. After watching him be a puck hog trying to be the hero in the playoffs last year, I questioned his ability. So now, what has he done lately?

what has anyone done lately?

They've only played 3-4 games and They've been off for 3 months... give it some time for lines to meld back together

Touche'... I kinda look at it like if you are a high dollar player then you need to be contributing from game one. Especially in the shortened season. That changes a lot of things. We will see how things are going a few weeks from now. Hell, we will be talking playoffs by then!! lol

They've only played 3-4 games and They've been off for 3 months... give it some time for lines to meld back together

The Bruins 4th line is playing stronger than the caps 1st line. Shortened season is no excuse it's a shortened season for all the teams. Ovechkin is overrated as a team player, 1v1 sure he's one of the best in the league (I would put datsyuk over him) but in this day in age, hockey games are won as a unit, and the caps don't have a team, they have a duo.

The Bruins 4th line is playing stronger than the caps 1st line. Shortened season is no excuse it's a shortened season for all the teams. Ovechkin is overrated as a team player, 1v1 sure he's one of the best in the league (I would put datsyuk over him) but in this day in age, hockey games are won as a unit, and the caps don't have a team, they have a duo.

I'm not to sure about other teams, but 12 of the Bruins players have been playing over the last few months. A bunch in Europe, a couple in Providence and one in Juniors. It seems that their just rolling along. I was worried about Rask, but he seems to be playing pretty good so far.

I'm not to sure about other teams, but 12 of the Bruins players have been playing over the last few months. A bunch in Europe, a couple in Providence and one in Juniors. It seems that their just rolling along. I was worried about Rask, but he seems to be playing pretty good so far.

Almost all of the players have been playing elsewhere over the lock out. Individuals playing on separate teams does not a unit build though. Rask is still having trouble high on the glove side but short of that chink in his armor the kid is bullet proof.

The difference between a team like the Rangers vs a team like the Leafs was very apparent through most of the game, but perhaps overshadowing even all their goals were the closing moments of the game - up by 3 goals with only ten seconds to go against a team with an extra skater out, and despite there being absolutely zero chance of losing, they were STILL willing to throw themselves in front of shots as if it was overtime... In game 7 of a playoff series.

And with signing Arnott, the Rangers got even better and grittier.

Any Islanders fans out there? If so, you planning to watch the Jets beat your team tomorrow night???

The difference between a team like the Rangers vs a team like the Leafs was very apparent through most of the game, but perhaps overshadowing even all their goals were the closing moments of the game - up by 3 goals with only ten seconds to go against a team with an extra skater out, and despite there being absolutely zero chance of losing, they were STILL willing to throw themselves in front of shots as if it was overtime... In game 7 of a playoff series.

Too bad the leafs will never make it to the series

Too bad the leafs will never make it to the series

You won't find a great deal of argument from me there...

But still, can't you just let a guy have a bit of hope, no matter how foolish, that somehow his team will maintain a winning enough record, with the shorter season potentially, at least in theory, giving them less of an opportunity for the late-season collapse that (seemingly inevitably) sends their once-BARELY-playoff-worthy record plunging from hardly-squeaking-by-at-7th-to-8th-seed to possible-1st-overall-pick-in-next-year's-draft... without even managing to at least gain THAT much, as the same damn opponent nabs it for the 4th year in a row? Can't you even just pretend to humor an entire metropolis/center-of-all-things-hockey in such a testicle-shattering degree of pain?!

No? **** you. :D

Bam!

image-22542769.jpg

You won't find a great deal of argument from me there...

But still, can't you just let a guy have a bit of hope, no matter how foolish, that somehow his team will maintain a winning enough record, with the shorter season potentially, at least in theory, giving them less of an opportunity for the late-season collapse that (seemingly inevitably) sends their barely-playoff-worthy record plunging from #7-#8 in the conference to a possible 1st-overall pick, without even managing to at least accomplish even THAT as the same opponent nabs it for the 4th year in a row? Can't you?!

Hope??? What is that in a trash talk thread??

This isn't the be nice to the competition thread!!

**** I rather see the Leafs make it than the cryers or the crapitols. Canada needs their token team!!!

You think Toronto is COMPETITION?!

[/stares bashfully at toes on which he gently rocks to and fro, arms gingerly clasped behind back]

...you're just saying that... aren't you? :eek:

In a pro sport, everyone is technically competiton whether they are "Sidney Crosby" or "Eric Cartamn" LoL

Your boys have a habit of giving it to my boys, so yes they can compete.. not for the cup, but in a game

The worst part about your post is the visual I got of a fat pimple ridden Cartman trying to rock back and forth on his toes and just falling over and eating Kenny.... LoL

Nyquist is playing for the Griffins in Grand Rapids. He would be one of the first forwards called up if someone gets hurt I would think.

He played for Maine at the college level, I wish he had gone the extra year to graduate though. the team would have had a chance at the frozen 4 with the extra help. The year he went up to the show they had a solid team but a freshman net minder, and a coach who believed in posting defense until an offensive opportunity opened up. (Ass backwards). Plus 1 more year to protect yourself from future lock outs by graduating and having a backup career. It's the young guys that got hurt in this lock out. They need to get paid, your stars and vets can afford a few months off.

Panthers looked like a beer league team in a A league tournament. Philly didnt have a great night but they didn't need to for dominating over the lazy fat young panther team. It seems they took the lock out time for beer guzzling and bbqs while everyone else trained. They were lucky to beat Carolina and its going to be a long season if this keeps up

Blackhawks are on fire

Detroit put up a good fight, I'd have to say Chicago caught a little break with that final goal. But that's how the game goes, perhaps Detroit should have capitalized on the PP so the OT goal wouldn't have happened.

Detroit put up a good fight, I'd have to say Chicago caught a little break with that final goal. But that's how the game goes, perhaps Detroit should have capitalized on the PP so the OT goal wouldn't have happened.

Detroit is my #2 team. Again I know this is a trash talk thread but that was a damn good game.

Hmmm Parise has two (now that he doesn't play for the suck ass Devils I can root for him)... Tampa played pretty good... Lecavalier got it done... Maybe he didnt need to bust up his knuckles punching the helmet in that fight but whatever... Ovechkin scored a goal, lets see if he can turn it around... But no matter what, today was a good day. The suck ass Devils lost.

It would have been great if Vinny had finished the Gordie Howe HT tonight.. I think it's fair to say that I an a hockey addict as I find myself watching any game televised and when there is no hockey I have my tv set to the nhl network

Lets Go Pens!!!

With all the additions the Wild made in the offseason I can't believe they just lost that OT game to the blues... one heck of a comeback, one heck of a game I love hockey

The wild kinda went into cruise control after they scored their third, and the Blues started to play hockey. I was seriously pulling for the wild but I figured they would have problems if they didnt start shutting the blues down.

Panthers looked like a beer league team in a A league tournament. Philly didnt have a great night but they didn't need to for dominating over the lazy fat young panther team. It seems they took the lock out time for beer guzzling and bbqs while everyone else trained. They were lucky to beat Carolina and its going to be a long season if this keeps up

That was ugly for Florida. Didn't help the Flyers actually played a pretty complete game.

Hmmm Parise has two (now that he doesn't play for the suck ass Devils I can root for him)... Tampa played pretty good... Lecavalier got it done... Maybe he didnt need to bust up his knuckles punching the helmet in that fight but whatever... Ovechkin scored a goal, lets see if he can turn it around... But no matter what, today was a good day. The suck ass Devils lost.

Couple bad bounces and the Flyers didn't play well...more penalties and poor penalty kill. I wouldn't hang any of it on Leighton. He actually played well. I was impressed. That one time Vinny scored over his shoulder was just nasty.

jtkratzer said:
That one time Vinny scored over his shoulder was just nasty.

Indeed. It was very nice. Talking about top shelf, I didn't catch who did it but they split the goalie's water bottle in two with the puck. It wasn't in the Minnesota game, I saw it in the highlights after the games were over.

Parise has been hot for Minny. Suter not so much, but I expect he will turn it around here shortly. The Rubes are calling for his head, but I think its way early for that.

Top line for Mn has scored 10. Other 3 lines 3. The other 9 guys gotta pick it up in the worst way. We desparately need 2 pts from Columbus.

The other 9 guys gotta pick it up in the worst way. We desparately need 2 pts from Columbus.

I know it's a short season and all, but damn! NOTHING is desperate yet. The teams they've lost to aren't exactly terrible, either.

10% of the season is already in the books :)

Maybe not desparate, but the Hawks are next. And its not a good thing to lose back to back games against teams we will be chasing for playoff spots. Expectations are high this year!

Latest posts

Back