Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oo swmbo just bought me game center live. We can't get satellite or cable because of our rural location and thick tree canopy. I think she realizes how much we will save by not going to the bar for all my hockey games. :drunk:

Oo swmbo just bought me game center live. We can't get satellite or cable because of our rural location and thick tree canopy. I think she realizes how much we will save by not going to the bar for all my hockey games. :drunk:

that just means you have to invite all of your buds over for every game and blow thru homebrew

Flyers get a power play goal, some unreal penalty kills, Bryz looked awesome...first win of the season. Love everything about that game. Hank is the only reason that game wasn't 5-1.

Nice for the oil to get the win, I wouldnt wanna be in the kings dressing room when Sutter goes off about that penalty in ot

The sabres were looking good. So management decided to f@## everything up and put crappy Enroth in net for no good reason. Thats my favorite.

CityOChampBrew said:
and they still have a worse record than the islanders!!! Boom

But we all KNOW that won't last. Boomshackalacka!

Goofynewfie said:
Nice for the oil to get the win, I wouldnt wanna be in the kings dressing room when Sutter goes off about that penalty in ot

That was awesome. Didn't like the goal being disallowed at the end before they tied it up. Either the calls or the text of the rule need fixed to reflect that if an opponent pushes the offensive player into the goalie, it's not interference for a penalty or to disallow goals.

If Nash, Richards, and Gaborik could get in sync they could be awesome. As usual I didn't see the game so I dunno how bad the rangers skated. Of course it's hard to win games when you can't put the puck in the net on power plays

If Nash, Richards, and Gaborik could get in sync they could be awesome. As usual I didn't see the game so I dunno how bad the rangers skated. Of course it's hard to win games when you can't put the puck in the net on power plays

Flyers pretty much dominated. Not being a homer, I've been really critical of the Flyers over the last three games, but they had it last night. Lundqvist gave them a chance, but otherwisw, Flyers owned the Rags...fights, puck possession, which end of the ice they played, hits...everything.

Flyers pretty much dominated. Not being a homer, I've been really critical of the Flyers over the last three games, but they had it last night. Lundqvist gave them a chance, but otherwisw, Flyers owned the Rags...fights, puck possession, which end of the ice they played, hits...everything.

Rangers looked gassed from the get to. Flyers finally played a complete game.

The most surprising thing from that game was seeing the Flyers 4th line consistently having the Rangers pinned in their own zone.

Barnzy02 said:
Rangers looked gassed from the get to. Flyers finally played a complete game.

The most surprising thing from that game was seeing the Flyers 4th line consistently having the Rangers pinned in their own zone.

Sesitito, Shelley and Co were unreal. Did you see that curl and drag Sestito pulled?

watched the flyers rangers last night... most uninteresting game to watch. not because it wasnt decent hockey, but because the old timer on MSG doing the play by play is the most uninteresting person on television sports broadcasting.

I hate mike emricks voice with a passion but at least he makes it a little exciting. this guy had no inflection or tone to his voice... it was pretty much just like "now gather round grandson, and let me tell you a story of when the new york rangers played hockey against the philadelphia flyers" BAM! - cue kid already asleep...

couldn't get into the game with that broadcast... youre telling me in all of NYC there isn't 1 person with a little more color in their voice than ol' pappy time?

ArcticBear said:
watched the flyers rangers last night... most uninteresting game to watch. not because it wasnt decent hockey, but because the old timer on MSG doing the play by play is the most uninteresting person on television sports broadcasting.

I hate mike emricks voice with a passion but at least he makes it a little exciting. this guy had no inflection or tone to his voice... it was pretty much just like "now gather round grandson, and let me tell you a story of when the new york rangers played hockey against the philadelphia flyers" BAM! - cue kid already asleep...

couldn't get into the game with that broadcast... youre telling me in all of NYC there isn't 1 person with a little more color in their voice than ol' pappy time?

The way the Rangers played, can't blame him for not being excited as the home broadcaster.

Homercidal said:
So now Philly is desperate enough to be grabbing up Red Wings leftovers??

Huh...

With Hartnell out a significant time, he's a guy that has been good at working the front of the crease and the Flyers could use help there on their power play.

You guys, you guys!!!! Did you hear the Oilers won the Cup last night?

Wha, what do you mean they didn't? But, that would mean Nail Yakupov made a total freakin' ass of himself...

Who's with me?

I hope, for his sake, the Oilers teach him some humility, before it's up to players on other teams to do so.

Wha, what do you mean they didn't? But, that would mean Nail Yakupov made a total freakin' ass of himself...

Who's with me?

I hope, for his sake, the Oilers teach him some humility, before it's up to players on other teams to do so.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought that.

BorealBrewer said:

Who's with me?

Young kid, loud crowd, OT game winner...very typical celebration style from across the pond for soccer and what not. It's one time. If it's a regular thing, fine, say something to him. Get mad because he's pumped up.

Caps wouldn't even be in this game if it weren't for neuvirth.

Edit : can't stop them sll. This whole game is being played his end. Sucks for him.

Guess the Sabres fans will still blame the "management" for back to back losses even with Miller in goal tonight. GO 'Canes!!! See you in Philly next Saturday night. Maybe you'll get lucky...........

Who's with me?

He was excited about about a clutch goal that led to a big win.
Once the jets have that experience you may look at it differently.
At least he cares. Evander Kane sure earned alot of fans during the lockout

No. No, I won't look at it differently.

I've played and loved the game, I know what's acceptable on the ice, clutch goal or not, and Yakupov's actions were an affront to his team, the opposition, and showed absolutely no class.

I won't defend what Kane did, esp. the Vegas pics. He didn't do that on ice. Since his return, Kane has kept his nose decently clean, esp. on the ice.

BUT...since you brought up lockout behaviour, it seems to me that Comrade Classy shot his mouth off, knocking Canada and Canadian players during the lockout.

I would have the same reaction any player on any team's player who carried on like Yakupov did last night. Canadian, Russian, Oiler, Jet, doesn't matter...that type of thing don't play well 'round here.

Latest posts

Back