Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
StittsvilleJames said:
That was definitely a kicking motion. He didn't hit the puck though.
Game 7, lets go Sens! All the pressure is on the Rags, so just go out and lay it all on the line and see what happens.

:)

In the last camera angle, you see Neil kick at the puck, nothing else comes close to the puck, and it absolutely rolls up and wobbles toward the back of the net.
If you think there's no pressure to steal a fourth win at MSG against number 1 in the east you're crazy. Neil better be ready for another round of fisticuffs!!! Guaranteed we will be looking to drop the gloves early. League leaders in hits, blocks, and fighting. Why change our game now???
Go Rangers!!!!

Hey now, the Southeast Division has two Cups in the last several years. And Florida's building is the only one that doesn't have people in it. And even they're filling it up this year, now that they suck slightly less

That was 2004 and 2006...it's been a minute. Other than those two, it's been since 1998 that a SE team has even made the finals.

The empty building thing was solely directed at NJ. They regularly make the playoffs and they still don't fill the building. It's a boring game they play and that's the only thing I can think of why people don't go.

That was 2004 and 2006...it's been a minute. Other than those two, it's been since 1998 that a SE team has even made the finals.

The empty building thing was solely directed at NJ. They regularly make the playoffs and they still don't fill the building. It's a boring game they play and that's the only thing I can think of why people don't go.

Yeah, it's been too long, with Tampa and Carolina undergoing downturns at the same time and Atlanta and Florida being their normal selves. Although the SE came within a few minutes of the finals last year.

Bash away on New Jersey's fans. I'm just irked by people talking about Southeast attendance problems and ignoring the fact that New Jersey and the Islanders are consistently pulling lower numbers. (Actually, Winnipeg is too, thanks to their tiny arena)

Yeah, it's been too long, with Tampa and Carolina undergoing downturns at the same time and Atlanta and Florida being their normal selves. Although the SE came within a few minutes of the finals last year.

Bash away on New Jersey's fans. I'm just irked by people talking about Southeast attendance problems and ignoring the fact that New Jersey and the Islanders are consistently pulling lower numbers. (Actually, Winnipeg is too, thanks to their tiny arena)

The islanders attendance issues, imo, have far more to do with fan displeasure with ownership than anything else.

Similar situation as to what Chicago went through.

I'm not sure but I'd argue that more businesses are filling the seats in Philly and NY than Jersey. The upper level is usually pretty full in Jersey. They do have salty tix prices also, lower level is on par with that dim ****hole MSG.

The islanders attendance issues, imo, have far more to do with fan displeasure with ownership than anything else.

Similar situation as to what Chicago went through.

Which is usually the problem, whenever there is a problem. Maybe Atlanta would've had attendance issues with a well-run franchise, but we never got a chance to see. Tampa and Nashville also went through bad stretches will bad ownership situations. But people attribute it to being a non-traditional market and not having crap owners.

Now Miami I'm not convinced will ever get consistent crowds. That town is fickle.

I definitely get where you're coming from

Atlanta, though, already had one failed franchise there and they tried to force another one, which was stupid.

I definitely get where you're coming from

Atlanta, though, already had one failed franchise there and they tried to force another one, which was stupid.

I don't know the circumstances surrounding Atlanta's first failure, so I really can't comment as to whether it was worth trying again. They got second chances in Denver and the San Francisco Bay Area too that came off a lot better. I just think we have ample evidence that a well-run team can build a big fanbase in a non-traditional market. Maybe Atlanta has more problems than just being non-traditional. They sure don't support the Hawks or Falcons that well. Then again, it's the Hawks and Falcons. . . . But even if a couple of the specific franchises fared badly, building hockey markets in the South has been a success on the whole. And I'm hoping Nashville can make a deep run to show that off.

Ugly win but I'll take it. I have no confidence in them winning game 7, I'd be very surprised if they have more effort than Florida.

Luongo to be traded? Hmmm... We'll see about that. I really feel the organization gave Schneider the shot he deserved, and will let him go this year. They owe too much money to Lou. He'll just have to suffer those skid marks from being thrown under the bus until he ends his contractual commitments to Vancouver. He is a very classy human. I respect his abilities as a keeper, but I think he is past his prime. The reality is that the 5 guys in front of him have really let down. Schneider only got one win-- don't ignore that fact, and 2 of his games were wit a full roster. Luongo didn't get that chance. I think they are better off rotating Schneider more regularly for another season- as he said he wants- and beef up their defense. Bieksa can't do everything.
Colby Jack

My hopes are that Marty retires and the Devils go after Schneider. The whole team needs to get younger and that would be a great start. If I were Vancouver though I would try to move Luongo, don't think he's any better than Schneider and he's about 9 years older.

Any game 7 guarantees? I guarantee I won't watch NJ / FLA and I'll be rooting like hell for Ottawa (home ice for the blues)

FreshZ said:
Any game 7 guarantees? I guarantee I won't watch NJ / FLA and I'll be rooting like hell for Ottawa (home ice for the blues)

As a Devils fan I'm with ya, both statements. I guarantee a Florida win, Devils won't be able to match their intensity. Other two series is all up to goaltending, could go either way.

both teams seemed so uninterested in winning that game last night.

Florida only managed 14 shots ? Embarrasing.

NJ's power play looks like a mess as well.

Luongo to be traded? Hmmm... We'll see about that. I really feel the organization gave Schneider the shot he deserved, and will let him go this year. They owe too much money to Lou. He'll just have to suffer those skid marks from being thrown under the bus until he ends his contractual commitments to Vancouver. He is a very classy human. I respect his abilities as a keeper, but I think he is past his prime. The reality is that the 5 guys in front of him have really let down. Schneider only got one win-- don't ignore that fact, and 2 of his games were wit a full roster. Luongo didn't get that chance. I think they are better off rotating Schneider more regularly for another season- as he said he wants- and beef up their defense. Bieksa can't do everything.
Colby Jack

Interesting situation there given Schneider will be a RFA this summer. They need to have a good idea of Schneider's cost fairly quickly in order to know whether they should deal him or Lou. I also think (given Schneider's comments), that part of his negotiations is going to be the # games he will play, 30 isn't enough.

My hopes are that Marty retires and the Devils go after Schneider. The whole team needs to get younger and that would be a great start. If I were Vancouver though I would try to move Luongo, don't think he's any better than Schneider and he's about 9 years older.

Marty is a UFA this summer. Maybe you are right, he decides enough is enough.

23760.jpg

That's funny sh*t!!! The guy has been at the top pf the west basically since he came into the league. It took the 'Nuks forever to figure out a team in front of him. Lou may end up being the Ray Bourque of tenders and sell out to another contender team. Either way, the Canucks defense is their weak spot. Stoll should have had a shoulder in him at the blue. The defense were still backing up and scrambling at the hash marks while Stoll was freight training at them at the top of the circles. That dumps everything on Schneider.
Colby Jack

That's funny sh*t!!! The guy has been at the top pf the west basically since he came into the league. It took the 'Nuks forever to figure out a team in front of him. Lou may end up being the Ray Bourque of tenders and sell out to another contender team. Either way, the Canucks defense is their weak spot. Stoll should have had a shoulder in him at the blue. The defense were still backing up and scrambling at the hash marks while Stoll was freight training at them at the top of the circles. That dumps everything on Schneider.
Colby Jack

I don't know how many teams are gonna be willing to take on that contract with 10 years left on it and he's already what, 33?

Colby Jack

Luongo was in the East for the first 7 years of his career. But yea, he's had good numbers. Not sure how you can fault the rest of the team on that play when it was Hamhuis who got manhandled and lost the puck all by himself there. In any case, I agree with you in that the Canucks did not lose the series due to goaltending issues.

I don't know how many teams are gonna be willing to take on that contract with 10 years left on it and he's already what, 33?

Is there a team desperate enough for a goalie to do such a thing? A team rich enough to just bury his $1m/year pay in the minors for the remainder of his contract once he's too old? Hmmmmmm, I wonder.....

230px-Brian_Burke.jpg

paulster2626 said:
Is there a team desperate enough for a goalie to do such a thing? A team rich enough to just bury his $1m/year pay in the minors for the remainder of his contract once he's too old? Hmmmmmm, I wonder.....

I wish. That makes way too much sense to actually happen, though.

arturo7 said:
I think Luongo has a no-trade clause as well. It's gonna be difficult to move him.
Luongo's already gone on record stating that he'll waive the clause if the team asks him to.

jtkratzer said:
Does that mean Philly's going to beat them since that's what they did to the previous favorite?

I doubt it, but if that happened, I'd consider this year a major success for the blues. I think our major competitors are Nashville and LA, but anything can happen. Even Philly playing some defense. ;)

the flyers get a little closer to being the top seed in the east...

I still want Ottawa to win tomorrow, but now it doesn't matter, the Flyers won't get the Rangers until the ECF if both advance.

The playoffs are crazy. The Flyers can still end up with any team in the East except the Rangers in the second round, depending on who wins tomorrow night.

Oh well..The boys could use a break... Now it's 9 out of the last 11 Stanley cup winners don't make it out of the 1st round...

When does football season start???

So that wasnt goalie interference because he was following up the shot? Devils game at 8:30? Guess they want an hour layover in case of overtime in the other game.

Last 4 Stanley Cup winners out in the first round, now the little dogs can fight for the scraps.

So that wasnt goalie interference because he was following up the shot? Devils game at 8:30? Guess they want an hour layover in case of overtime in the other game.

Right, just like when Hartnell dove to poke the puck past Fleury in Game 6.

What are everyone's thoughts on the two-handed swing fake at Holtby last night by Peverley? There's definitely room in the game for intimidation, but I think that's over the line, to take a two handed baseball type swing at a goaltender and stop just before hitting him. 0:29 in the video:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back