Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jtkratzer said:
Wouldn't be surprised if the winner of the Flyers/Pens series has a let down from all the emotion and hype going into the series that they lose in the semis. This series has been built up, so huge...wouldn't surprise me if they lose in the next round or win the Cup.

I think it's mainly going to be from all the physical punishment. If they didn't have to play each other, they'd probably both have a much better shot at the Cup.

punkrockdave said:
I hope he gets run over like Quick did and there is no call.

Cool.

He did, actually. Got sticks to the chest and everything. Didn't give up a goal though. Welcome to the playoffs.

Louuuuuuuuuu

Well you clearly have blind hatred for the Canucks.

No, I can see it just fine, I can't stand the Canucks.

Just saw the bit with Weber...yeah, that's going to be interesting considering it was Zetterberg. Pretty ugly.

Also heard some recap of the Flyers game and Briere is the second highest GOAL scorer in the playoffs since the lockout, but the highest playoff POINT getter.

Holy crap. I'm rooting for Nashville but I just saw that Weber BS. What the hell was he thinking? 2 games isn't a long enough suspension for something so blatantly intentional. He may have just lost the series with that shít.

The over/under on when down town Vancouver is set on fire, any takers?

I think the problem you're going to have, cheering for the Kings, or at least cheering against the Canucks, is that Schneider is a very capable goaltender as well. I had him as a third goaltender in my fantasy league and he was unreal most of the year. It's going to be tough to beat Luongo and Schneider 4 out of 7 games. I know the Kings' offense improved after picking up Carter, but I don't know that it's enough. I'd love to see it as there are a bunch of former Flyers on the Kings roster, and I already said I don't care for the Canucks, but it's a tough team to beat.

punkrockdave said:
I honestly believe Quick is better than both. Problem is any team is the underdog cause of BS reffing during the game. Some reason the zebras love Vanhoover.

Yeah, 5 straight penalties and two 5v3's is clear zebra lovin'. It's pretty common knowledge many refs have been extra hard on them since last year's embellishment-fest.

Far out 4.30 start this morning to catch the game. Gunna be a long day!

Nucks started good but spent the rest of the game so far handing the kings PP.

Gunna be pretty hard to win the game playing a man down. Lucky lou is all over it!

Let's go nuck!

thedingo said:
Far out 4.30 start this morning to catch the game. Gunna be a long day!

Nucks started good but spent the rest of the game so far handing the kings PP.

Gunna be pretty hard to win the game playing a man down. Lucky lou is all over it!

Let's go nuck!

Not just a man down. Every minute of PK is a minute Sedin is not on the ice.

Ha ha HA HA HA.......

Crosby was a factor early and then took a few hits and wilted. Letang was a target all night and wanted nothing to do with the puck by the end of the game.

Flyers back in the game... but it was a major offside LOL. Can't complain about officiating bias anymore after seeing that...

I didn't see much of this game but that missed offsides call was hideous. I guess Briere blew the zebras this time.

How about Nashville? Not looking intimidated. Love the divisional battles in the first round.

Nashville stole game 1. Detroit had the better looks and outplayed the Preds for the majority of that game. Hopefully Helm's ok and Weber has to sit a few games. Go Wings!

MeatyPortion said:
I think he means that the calling has been very tight. Hence, the call on Kesler for snow-showering Quick.

Ah yeah, that was a BS penalty. The dude here that said he deserved TWO is retarded.

I guess tight is the right word if you like watching playoff games where the refs decide they need to have a say in the outcome of the game.

Me, id rather let the players decide the game.

I guess tight is the right word if you like watching playoff games where the refs decide they need to have a say in the outcome of the game.

The players decided they didn't want a 3 goal lead anymore.

No, tight is the definition used when refs are calling everything under the sun as a minor penalty. You don't have to like it.

Back