• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Pennsylvania Entire Brewery: Grainfather, Kegging Setup, Fermenters, Yeast Handling, etc..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

717brewer

Reaction score
Hey I have the same old story of life getting in the way and less time for brewing these days so decided to put my equipment up for sale. I’ll describe what I have in more detail below, but it is all of my equipment from a Grainfather unit, fermenters, yeast handling equipment, a full kegging setup with fridge, and then all the miscellaneous stuff I have gathered over the years as well. I’m asking $1000, which I think is a pretty fair price for the big items as well as the various small stuff that adds up.

I am really only interested in selling this stuff as a package locally as I don’t really want to have to take the time to sell things separately and ship, etc. The only thing I would consider moving separately is the chest freezer as there may be interest in it on here or I’m sure I could find someone on craigslist to pick it up. I am located in Lancaster, PA and could probably drive within reason to drop off all of the stuff with the exception of the chest freezer as that’s too wide for my station wagon. That one would probably require a pickup truck or larger SUV to bring back. I’m sure we can figure out something out if need be.

As I said I’ll provide a list and pictures below of everything but if you have any questions or would like more pictures don’t hesitate to ask!
39131548584_a3f18aa807_b.jpg

Grainfather
· 120v US Version
· Insulated Jacket
· GFCI plug
· I ‘modded’ the chiller and lengthened the outlet hose so that I could place the chiller on my countertop as it was annoying to have to set it on top of the unit while chilling and adding hops, etc…
39841264621_712596dbbb_b.jpg

Kegging Setup
· 7.0 CF GE Chest Freezer
· Inkbird controller (actually controls very accurately, I had just had the door open taking pics so the probe got disturbed)
· 4 ball-lock kegs, however 2 were used for fermenting in so they have drilled out lids, I would recommend you replace these and the seals for good measure if you want to serve beer in them again
· 3 Perlick faucets
· 3 lengths of beverage tubing, I don’t remember the name of this stuff but it’s the nicer, non-vinyl, tubing that doesn’t stain and keep flavors
· a ‘cobra’ party tap faucet and line
· a ‘jumper’ made with two out connects to move beer from one keg to another
· Sanke coupler if you want to serve professional beer
· A gallon back full of extra disconnects, keg lube, faucet wrench, etc
· SS mesh hop sock to dry hop (or fruit, etc) in the keg
· 10 lb CO2 tank
· regulator with 2 outlets
· step-down regulator for serving pressure
· 3 way manifold
· 2 drip trays
· Troegs Nugget Nectar tap
39809045312_fe8cae5e44_b.jpg

38942585905_56a0c62ca2_b.jpg

39841263431_d5983b4455_b.jpg

25967918768_f225407859_b.jpg

28062328989_87b25fa8d5_b.jpg

39841264371_62d77050a7_b.jpg

39841264561_45d5bb4a9a_b.jpg

Fermenters
· SS BrewBucket to which I added a Blichmann thermometer to monitor fermentation temps (also have the SS plug if you don’t to use this)
· 2 6 gallon glass carboys
· 2 6 gallon Better Bottle carboys
· 3 3 gallon plastic carboys (forgot the 3rd of them in the pics below)
· 6.5 gallon plastic bucket, I used this to make wine once and have since used it as a Star San bucket for items on brew days
· Plastic carboy drier
25968129048_7337acfa47_b.jpg

39841264201_85a70e3bce_b.jpg

Yeast
· 2L and 1L flasks
· Stir plate with 2 stir bars
· Scale for measuring DME
· PBW container of DME (probably 100g left?), and yes I emailed them and asked if it was safe to use, cleaned many times and star san’ed before I used it and I have made many a starter with no PBW residue
· I have a decent amount of jars that I used to store yeast too if you would like some of those (forgot to take pics of)
39841264591_b6e833df11_b.jpg

Misc.
· Blichmann gloves
· 4 growlers
· Star San and spray bottle
· brewing salts
· bag of SS hardware that I had used over the years to go with the extra 10 gallon kettles
· Capper and bag of caps
· Hydrometer
· 2 or 3 cases of 12 oz bottles
· Extra silicone tubing for transferring, etc.
· SS racking cane
· SS spoon
· plastic paddle
· 2 10 gallon kettles I had used in a previous HERMS setup, you don’t have to take these as I can bring them to the scrapyard, but figured I’d offer. They have been drilled for various ½” fittings you could either plug or put back to use.

I think that covers anything, but if I find anything else I will update the page. As I said I’d really like to sell this as a package so let me know if you’d be interested!

I'm interested in the BrewBucket, Better Bottles, and some of your yeast stuff. I'm a little over an hour from you. Sent PM.

Congrats on the sale.

The mod you made inspired me. Did you use the official 5/16 | 9/16 tubing or were you able to get away with 3/8 without issue?

Thank you.

Congrats on the sale.

The mod you made inspired me. Did you use the official 5/16 | 9/16 tubing or were you able to get away with 3/8 without issue?

Thank you.
Hey thanks, I thought of a few options and settled on cutting the stock hose and putting a 3/8" hose with two reducer barbs on each end. So it went stock 5/16"-reducer-3/8" hose-reducer (now turned other way)- stock 5/16". Hope that makes sense!
thumbnail.asp

https://www.atlanticbrewsupply.com/Splicer-516-Barb-to-38-Barb_p_1810.html

Back