Enolmatic inline filter loss?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neelixx

Reaction score
Anyone use the inline filter for the enolmatic bottle filler? I'm curious if anyone has calculated the loss inside the filter.

I used it for the first time on a 24G batch... at that size, the loss is negligible. But, I'm going to be doing a 5G batch, and the loss could be more drastic. I could push water through, to minimize, but risk diluting a bottle.

Anyone have an idea on what you lose in the filter?

Anyone use the inline filter for the enolmatic bottle filler? I'm curious if anyone has calculated the loss inside the filter.

I used it for the first time on a 24G batch... at that size, the loss is negligible. But, I'm going to be doing a 5G batch, and the loss could be more drastic. I could push water through, to minimize, but risk diluting a bottle.

Anyone have an idea on what you lose in the filter?

Never measured, but I'd venture to guess you'll probably loose more in your lines and the overflow that dumps into the vacuum jar. I personally don't use the Enol to bottle or filter beer, but use it extensively for bottling wine (probably at least 300 bottles per year). You probably don't loose more than an ounce, if even that much, to the filter itself. Total line loses are less than a bottle (12 oz) if I had to make a guess. You can keep drawing from the source (bottle bucket or carboy) until the filter housing (not carboy) is empty, because that's when you'll start drawing air into the mix. It's an air-free vacuum up to that point.

Brooo Brother

You can keep drawing from the source (bottle bucket or carboy) until the filter housing (not carboy) is empty
Heh. It's so obvious... why did I not consider that? While I *knew* it was a vacuum, somehow I must have gone back to my old pump days.

Latest posts

Back