End of the world 5-21-2011?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This can't happen. It's right in the middle of Chicago Craft Beer Week.

Just to be on the safe side, I'm going to drink my ass off for the next 10 days.

May 212011 looks like May 11, 2120 to me. That gives him more than enough time for a book deal.

And I assume his wife saw the sign and made him take it down...

Well that's cutting it a little bit close, isn't it? I mean, just from a sales point of view, I mean the sign is just coming out, they're not gonna see any book sales for at least a year. It'll be at least another year before they know whether they've got that mini-series or movie of the week kind of possibilities. I mean just Devil's Advocate. Shouldn't they have said: Hey the worlds going to end in 2014! Or better yet 2016!?

Is that you Venkman?

Hell yes.... I must admit, I dont own a titanium crowbar, but I do have a .22, I figure I'll run outta ammo for the 12 ga and the .243 before the .22

if you'd read the book, you'd know that a shotgun is one of the worst firearms to carry in the zombie apocalypse. actually, it kinda looks like you're SOL, as .22s aren't recommended either...
m1 garand or m1 carbine are the way to go.
just sayin...

good call on the crowbar, though.

bengerman said:
if you'd read the book, you'd know that a shotgun is one of the worst firearms to carry in the zombie apocalypse. actually, it kinda looks like you're SOL, as .22s aren't recommended either...
m1 garand or m1 carbine are the way to go.
just sayin...

good call on the crowbar, though.

.22 ammo is the most common, most produced kind. You'll run out before me. Zombie virus lives in the brain. Aim for the eye sockets. All the other organs are dead, putting a hole in them, or shooting off an arm will only slow them down. Shot in the eye socket will put em down for good, and a .22 is more than adequate. I've seen 170 lb deer killed by a .22 to the eye.

I qualified expert in marksmanship in the army, 38/40 up to 300 yards using iron sights. I'm not too worried.

Especially once I commandeer a boat. They won't be able to build a zombie pyramid quick enough that I won't notice, and I'll just sail to a differnt location.

Alright you Primitive Screwheads, listen up! You see this? This... is my boomstick! The twelve-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?
Ash, Army of Darkness

Last edited by a moderator:
.22 ammo is the most common, most produced kind. You'll run out before me. Zombie virus lives in the brain. Aim for the eye sockets. All the other organs are dead, putting a hole in them, or shooting off an arm will only slow them down. Shot in the eye socket will put em down for good, and a .22 is more than adequate. I've seen 170 lb deer killed by a .22 to the eye.

I qualified expert in marksmanship in the army, 38/40 up to 300 yards using iron sights. I'm not too worried.

Especially once I commandeer a boat. They won't be able to build a zombie pyramid quick enough that I won't notice, and I'll just sail to a differnt location.

the Guide says that .22 lack stopping power and the ability to penetrate skulls at long range. it is a decent weapon to have in a group, but solo, you want something a little stronger.
does sound like you're prepared, though.

the shotgun has good stopping power, but again, skull penetration is very iffy. another good one if you're with a large group, not so good all by your lonesome.

the Guide says that .22 lack stopping power and the ability to penetrate skulls at long range. it is a decent weapon to have in a group, but solo, you want something a little stronger.
does sound like you're prepared, though.

the shotgun has good stopping power, but again, skull penetration is very iffy. another good one if you're with a large group, not so good all by your lonesome.

not arguing it won't penetrate skulls....it WILL penetrate eye sockets. i'm not worried about zombies 300 yards away. I'll wait til 50, then start shootin. they don't exactly move quickly. And like I said, that's assuming I run into them on my way to steal a sailboat. Once I'm on the boat, it's clear sailing, literally. I'll only have to stop to pick up supplies, which I'll do on deserted islands. Less likely to encounter zombies there.

sailboats don't require gas, so won't have to worry about that, hence my decision to go for a sailboat.

Don't worry guys, May 21 is just a global earthquake (set off by timezome) and the rapture. If you're still around after that you'll get something like 153 days before the world ends.

Sign is back up.
Same sign, I thought perhaps he was having it done up pretty or something.

Doom is back on.

There was a story on the guy who started this campain on one of the networks recently. This is the second time he's predict this. He said it was gonna end back in 94 evidently....then when it didn't happen he said he got his math wrong or something.

It comes from some fundie radio station owner.

Don't worry guys, May 21 is just a global earthquake (set off by timezome) and the rapture. If you're still around after that you'll get something like 153 days before the world ends.

So no Christmas?

*frownie face

First of all, I have to acknowledge that in my opinion, this Camping is a kook. If Jesus said even he didn't know the day of judgment, that is good enough for me (although I believe he was referring to our personal judgment day (death)). Now, having said that... NPR is without question the absolute last source I would use for anything.... I repeat.... anything regarding faith!

First of all, I have to acknowledge that in my opinion, this Camping is a kook. If Jesus said even he didn't know the day of judgment, that is good enough for me (although I believe he was referring to our personal judgment day (death)). Now, having said that... NPR is without question the absolute last source I would use for anything.... I repeat.... anything regarding faith!

I enjoyed their "speaking of faith" program when I would catch it from time to time.
On my local station is has been replaced by another program. "Splendid Table" might be the one. I think I may prefer it since I've heard wine, beer, and even mead discussed on it.

x2

bagley_5-15_11r-copy_custom.jpg

'Cause the man from Mars stopped eatin' cars and eatin' bars
And now he only eats guitars, get up!

NPR is without question the absolute last source I would use for anything.... I repeat.... anything regarding faith!

I can think of QUITE A FEW "sources" that I would trust even less than NPR on matters of faith...such as Pat Robertson, EVERY TV Evangelist (or ANY Evangelist, for that matter.....and that's just on the Christian side of the debate!)

Gil Scott Heron said that the revolution will not be televised, but will the "Rapture"???

I just got here. So did my beer. At least I get a few houra heads up and five gallons in primary at a decent enough % to be drunk on the lawn in a nuclear dawn when my senses finally blur.

I heard an interview with a guy that has been selling "post rapture pet rescue" contracts for a couple of years.
People that are worried about the rapture, regardless of when it may happen, pay him $130 for a 10 year guarantee that his company will rescue and take care of their pets after the rapture

anyone else drinking Ruination IPA? i briefly considered Immortal, but that would would've been too cocky

So, I went for a ride a bit ago and not far from my place I see this:

IMG_20100809_123149.jpg

What do I do? There are a couple of large towers (old cable tv towers or phone or something) on the property, if some nut were to climb one of them with a rifle, I would be in range.

Oh, and how would I go about marking that spot and putting that pic on google earth?

That dude is going to have to change his sign!:D

viking73 said:
Alright you Primitive Screwheads, listen up! You see this? This... is my boomstick! The twelve-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?
Ash, Army of Darkness

"Hail to the king baby"

Well.....I'm still here...has everyone checked it? I was at the Roller Derby at 6pm last night, so I figured that's probably why I got "left behind."

I designed this and posted it on facebook, now people want me to set up a cafe press account.

248127_10150189038069067_620469066_6935655_3863583_n.jpg

Back