Encapsulated yeast funk?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

onionz

Reaction score
So what is this dark spot? Its slimy and looks like the brown yeast funk that hangs from the pellicle. The brew doesn't smell moldy. What say you!

20170531_165849.jpg

So what is this dark spot? Its slimy and looks like the brown yeast funk that hangs from the pellicle. The brew doesn't smell moldy. What say you!

What is the ph? It doesn't look like mold to me.

I have a Scoby "commune" that I have been using now for at least 9 months. It's huge - about 16 inches wide. I don't do anything to it after fermentation. I just put it plus about 2 liters of raw Kombucha back in it's hotel container and keep it cool until I need it again. It's BUTT UGLY because of all the growth and yeast clumps and multiple scobys, but it's healthy and works just fine.

I think you're ok.

Paul

Awesome. That's a relief cause my hotel got invaded by fruit flies. Gonna dump it...eventually.

Weird, the Ph from the bottom of the jug is at 3.5 already! It's been 5 days! Must have been warm this weekend.

Back