• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Virginia Electric Brewing Control Panel

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheLiquidBakery

Reaction score
Hello All!

I have a 30A electric brewing control panel for sale. This panel was designed, assembled and tested by me. Here is the parts list of the build.

Auber switches, indicator lights and alarm
(1) Auber Instruments 16"x12"x8" enclosure w/ hangers
(2) Fotek 40A Solid State Relays
(1) Auber 75A heat sink
(3) Auber SYL-2352 PID temperature controller
(3) Auber deluxe stainless steel RTD probe cables(8 ft)
(3) 1.5" RTD probes (HLT, Mash and Boil)
(1) Auber JSL-73B Timer
(2) Blue Sea Systems Bus bars rated at 130A
(1) 15A in-line fuse (for protecting the 14AWG wire off the hot bus)
(3) 30A 240V Contactors w/ 120V coils.
(1) Leviton NEMA L14-30 receptacle (power in)
(2) Leviton NEMA L6-30 receptacles (Element power)
(2) Leviton NEMA 5-20 receptacles (pump power)
(1) 6' HDX 30A power cord with L14-30 plug
Labels by Signs, Banners, and Tags.

A little background on myself I am a senior electrical engineering student obtaining my bachelors and I have also been working as an electrical designer in the field of commercial buildings for 8 years. I have thoroughly checked over the design & build and all is correct per Auber Instruments Installation manuals and the intended operation. The control panel has been tested against a voltmeter at its outputs and it operates perfectly.

Now a some info about the panel. This control panel is similar to theelectricbrewery control panel but with subtle differences. The enclosure is smaller and lighter. The wort and water pump switches are illuminated push button switches instead of rotary. This panel uses bus bars instead of terminal blocks to reduce the amount of wire and connectors used. The yellow indicator buttons are wired to show if either the boil or HLT have been selected; they do not illuminate when the element is firing. This can easily be changed if that is preferred just request when purchasing. The 1.5" probes will work perfectly in a 1/2" SS tee on the output of the kettles. Instructions for all Auber equipment i.e. PID controllers and timers will be included.

Price: $1400 obo
Shipping:~$100

Please PM me your offers. Do not post your offers on the forum. I will not take them seriously. Please feel free to ask questions on the forum. Thank you all for your interest and Happy Brewing.

Front:

Bottom:

Inside:

Underside blemish caused during construction:

1.5" RTD probes:

8' Deluxe SS cables:

6' HDX power cord with locking plug:

Just because I'm curious and want you to get the bump,

How many hours do you have in the build?

Thanks!

What does the PID for the mash tun have the ability to control? In this build is it an eleborate temp monitor?

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

It doesnt control anything in this build. It just measures the mash tun temp and send an alarm signal when it reaches the set temp.

Dang... being in Norfolk myself, I kind of want to take a look in person for planning purposes.

Unfortunately, no intent to buy. But hey, free bump!

Back