Elder Scrolls Skyrim

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I decided to make another character...

I am making, what I think will be, a difficult spellsword. The reason I say difficult is because the play style will take some getting used to to use all the skills in a balanced and efficient way and it might take some time before I have a good amount of perks into any one thing.

I am making, what I think will be, a difficult spellsword. The reason I say difficult is because the play style will take some getting used to to use all the skills in a balanced and efficient way and it might take some time before I have a good amount of perks into any one thing.

I rolled a spellsword for my first character. Had a blast playing him, unfortunately I have reached a point (lvl 35) where the game is way too easy and I havent even started the main quest yet. I think I am going to reroll a argonian assassian/theif

bb239605 said:
I rolled a spellsword for my first character. Had a blast playing him, unfortunately I have reached a point (lvl 35) where the game is way too easy and I havent even started the main quest yet. I think I am going to reroll a argonian assassian/theif

So far I have 3 characters above 30. That seems to be the point for all of them that the game starts to get too easy. It might be time to start another one.

schmoe said:
So far I have 3 characters above 30. That seems to be the point for all of them that the game starts to get too easy. It might be time to start another one.

Do you have the difficulty up?

Argonian assassin/theif is what my "main" is right now.

I have made 4 characters and it is around this level that I remake for a change of pace.

My spellsword is lvl40, everything dies easy. Started over with a sneaky kittycat.

Been a few days, better go play...

Managed to get up to level 54 by taking the alchemy potency perks and making the more valuable potions. Alchemy is at 99.

So, here's where I'm curious. If I can get all the potency perks in alchemy and enchanting, I should be able to make super-strong fortify enchantment potions, which I can drink to make super-strong fortify alchemy enchantments, which I can wear to make even stronger potions... is there a point of diminishing returns here or can I just use one to make the other stronger indefinitely?

After months of not touching Skyrim, I dove back in headfirst this weekend.

After the first axe to the skull of a Draugr, I wondered why the hell I haven't played this game in so long.

I decided to focus on clearing out miscellaneous quests.

Got it down to 1 page of quests. Bought the house in Markarth to become Thane there too. If nothing else, and if Lydia does tank for good, I have another follower spawned at a high skill level.

Wonder if there is any perk to owning property in all of the holds. Or being Thane in all of the holds.

I was thinking... If they made cooking a skill then they should definitely have a brewing perk to make either beer or mead! They should also let you buy either a new or existing meadery that you could make profit off. You could let it sit and make money very slowly but the more often you showed up to make batches the more you would gain.

I was thinking... If they made cooking a skill then they should definitely have a brewing perk to make either beer or mead! They should also let you buy either a new or existing meadery that you could make profit off. You could let it sit and make money very slowly but the more often you showed up to make batches the more you would gain.

You'd just drink all the profits.

I would, but they didn't add an alcohol effect to the game!

:confused: Mead drains intelligence and willpower. I'd say they nailed the effect.

(stamina regenerates slower)

Now, what would be funny is if you drank too many, say 4 or 5, your sneak was impared as a result of yeast farts.

I mean they don't have any blurred vision, loss of control over your character, or funny phrases your character says. If they did it would be funny to take on a dragon after a night at the Bannerd Mare.

I mean they don't have any blurred vision, loss of control over your character, or funny phrases your character says. If they did it would be funny to take on a dragon after a night at the Bannerd Mare.

Ahhh. Well, there is still this one night I am trying to remember. Even though that devil dude gave me his rose stick, I still got people accusing me of stuff I couldn't possibly do.

I mean, really, I walk around all day with a voluptious woman named Lydia who cracks skulls with magic war axes and tells me she'll do anything I want but I can't get her stripped down for anything.

And I am really supposed to believe I gave a goat to a Giant?

Phsshaaaw!

Now, had I woke up with a goat in my bed .....

I might actually believe it.

Forthermore, only 3 drinks? WTF?

Must have been JagerMeister.

Ahhh. Well, there is still this one night I am trying to remember. Even though that devil dude gave me his rose stick, I still got people accusing me of stuff I couldn't possibly do.

I mean, really, I walk around all day with a voluptious woman named Lydia who cracks skulls with magic war axes and tells me she'll do anything I want but I can't get her stripped down for anything.

And I am really supposed to believe I gave a goat to a Giant?

Phsshaaaw!

Now, had I woke up with a goat in my bed .....

I might actually believe it.

Forthermore, only 3 drinks? WTF?

Must have been JagerMeister.

I was there that night, you did only have 3 drinks (lightweight). You started getting all sappy and felt bad for all the giants you killed so you decided to go make a peace offering. Everything was all well and good until you got a little sick and vomited in one of their buckets of mammoth cheese.

Oh and Lydia... heh well it turns out she is a lightweight as well but you were too preoccupied with your giants that... nah I shouldn't get into the details...

Wow they nerfed smithing leveling... On my new character I just tried smithing for the first time and after 2 daggers, some hide armor, and some jewlery I did not level it once.

I swear I remember leveling it up a few times with just one dagger...

H-ost said:
Wow they nerfed smithing leveling... On my new character I just tried smithing for the first time and after 2 daggers, some hide armor, and some jewlery I did not level it once.

Yeah I think that was in the last patch.

That isn't right. I have all the patches and I get a step with each dagger.

I am not playing anymore at the moment but I'm curious why it isn't doing that. I doubt race could have that much to do with it... OH........ maybe it only does that if you have the warrior stone on? I have the mage stone right now, what do you have gila?

I am not playing anymore at the moment but I'm curious why it isn't doing that. I doubt race could have that much to do with it... OH........ maybe it only does that if you have the warrior stone on? I have the mage stone right now, what do you have gila?

Imperial, Steed Stone, Dibella Blessing.

I moved from 73 to 75 last night smithing about 50 Iron Daggers and about 40 Leather Braces.

I started to wonder if the location mattered since most of my smithing happens at warmaidens.

I got the same result at the Markarth forge and the Solitude forge. 1 step for every dagger or bracer smithed.

What level are you at? I think I hit level 38 last night. Wonder if THAT is what matters.

They should allow you to buy perks. Sure, make them expensive so it's not too easy.

Or, only allow the perk purchase after level 50 when leveling is severely hampered.

That would be a cool feature. Especially since you quickly reach the point where the money just stacks up and you can spend it on anything, just like in most RPGs

That would be a cool feature. Especially since you quickly reach the point where the money just stacks up and you can spend it on anything, just like in most RPGs

I think it'd even work if you had to have the skill, like now, but make buying training more common and less limited. Instead of people wandering around make it a location, like a college of Archery etc...

And then still make it where you have to purchase the perk.

I can see myself very quickly approaching Lvl 50 and not having near the perks I should have in the arenas my character actually uses.

I think the point of not being able to take every single perk is to keep the game interesting. For my character I took every single smithing perk, but I spread out just about everything else.

As a result, I make absolutely deadly gear, but I'm pretty mediocre in anything else.

Would love to get this for the PC so I could mess around with mods.

I think the point of not being able to take every single perk is to keep the game interesting. For my character I took every single smithing perk, but I spread out just about everything else.

As a result, I make absolutely deadly gear, but I'm pretty mediocre in anything else.

Would love to get this for the PC so I could mess around with mods.

I like how the game, sort of, molds your character based on your play style.

And I am not saying they should make it easy. Just make it more available.

Say, you want Daedric? Okay, 90 smithing and either you level up for the perk or you pay an exhorbitant amount of coin. Like, if there are 10 perks in a tree start at 1000 for the first, or an easy level up, and log base 10 each step on the tree cost wise.

Anyone else feel "wrong" killing off all the Forsworn in Draudach Redoubt?

That is, those of you who sided with them to get out of Cidnha mine.

I used to have a game conscience. Then I played some star wars game for the N64 and my roommate kept coaxing me to the darkside... now I kill if it suits my mood at the time.

And for the record, I hate the forsworn. They always attack me even though their leader befriended me so I don't like them.

And for the record, I hate the forsworn. They always attack me even though their leader befriended me so I don't like them.

This is why I ask. If they attack, I have no "conscience" about taking them down.

But, on this quest, none of them attacked despite being hit.

So, Taste of Death. I got the prize and then slaughtered the party.

Questline says I failed cause I killed the focal point, despite getting teh artifact first. Have I missed something?

So you ate "dinner" and got the ring? Maybe you failed because it was the last quest for the faction and you killed the entire faction?

H-ost said:
I used to have a game conscience. Then I played some star wars game for the N64 and my roommate kept coaxing me to the darkside... now I kill if it suits my mood at the time.

My thoughts exactly with the stupid forsworn.

I've just started Dark Brotherhood quests.

It turns out that if you try to kill your marks without talking to them and folks see you, you get a bounty. But if you tell them "I'm gonna kill you" and then kill them, nothing happens.

Kinda ruins the whole suspension of disbelief for me.

Latest posts

Back