Efficient Bottle Storage

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PatMac

Reaction score
I have a closet with three shelves that I keep all my carbonating and empty beer bottles in. I've started to accumulate a decent amount of bottles so that I can have 3 or so batches drinkable at any given time.

As the number of bottles increases I look in my closet and feel like they're going to start falling off the shelves soon. I know that there are some genius people in here with great solutions so I thought I would ask:

Has anyone come up with a space efficient way of storing bottles? Whether you built something, transformed something, etc. etc. Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks!

What Number 18 said is one of the best ways, IMO, it was the one I was going to suggest myself when I read the thread title. Look on your local Craigslist for a cabinet.

I got by fine with empty cases from my LHBS... I dig in the back for cool looking ones that are heavier cardboard and have dividers... free is always good.

Now they've become almost permanent storage with the recent introduction of my keezer.....

Milk crates work really well. They fit 24 standard-sized bottles (i.e. not Sierra Nevada, which are shorter and fatter), and you can stack them. I have a bunch of them stacked up in my little storage area.

Though if you're storing bottles inside, I've always thought that that filing cabinet idea was a great one.

Lots of people like the milk crates, i know. My pub (and by my pub, i mean a pub that I like) gives me bottles and cases - I just stack the cases up, works good for me.

I also like to collect old, vintage wooden crates from extinct breweries (especially breweries from places that I have some connection to) - I store supplies in those, but also bottles sometimes, too.

Back