ebay Temeperature Controller - any good?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought it was pretty easy, but only you can decide that. Go read the thread and see if it's something you can handle...

I built mine for around $50 total, and that was with buying a new heavy duty extension cord and new outlet. If you have those already you can save some cash. Keep in mind that this is a dual-zone digital controller, so it compares more closely with the ones in the $125 range.

Thanks, I've been reading and it looks doable. It's only really soldering I'm not comfortable with and it looks like you don't HAVE to.

Problem is, I checked Radio Shack Canada and it doesn't look like they have a big enough project box.

Pretty straight forward. Hell, about the only thing I know about electricity is on and off. I printed everything up and made it just like the tutorial said...works great.

Forget Radio Shack for enclosures, go to Home Depot/Lowes/etc. (whatever is best in Canada) and get an electrical enclosure. The outdoors ones work really well, and often have pre-drilled holes where you can put the cord, and sometimes even outlet holes. I bought this controller (love it, BTW) and put it in an outdoor-grade junction box. It worked really well, the enclosure cost about $9 (US).

Forget Radio Shack for enclosures, go to Home Depot/Lowes/etc. (whatever is best in Canada) and get an electrical enclosure. The outdoors ones work really well, and often have pre-drilled holes where you can put the cord, and sometimes even outlet holes. I bought this controller (love it, BTW) and put it in an outdoor-grade junction box. It worked really well, the enclosure cost about $9 (US).

Awesome advice, thanks.

Any samples, pics/websites. Just so I know what I'm looking for.

Back