illuminated rocker switch help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

martinworswick

Reaction score
i'm in the middle of building my control panel,everything is working well but i have these switches-
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/5-Pcs-Gr...s=63&clkid=5094854742302443150#ht_1848wt_1139
they work fine as a switch but they don't light up,i'm using two terminals on the same side of the plastic divider live into one and out of the other. none of the four on my panel illuminate,they can't all be faulty!

any ideas?

,i'm using two terminals on the same side of the plastic divider live into one and out of the other.

Huh? :confused:

Step 1 - Take picture of your switch and the way it's wired.
Step 2 - Upload said picture to this very thread. Include any wiring diagrams and layouts you might have.
Step 3 - Seek help.

not sure why the link didn't work,it works when i click on it,
anyway,heres a few photos

its a work in progress but i've had the pids connected to a lightbulb and everything works as expected apart from the switches illuminating

P1010030.jpg

P1010031.jpg

P1010032.jpg

P1010033.jpg

That switch is DPST (double pole single throw) so you can switch both legs. Without seeing a diagram or anything else with the switch, it looks like you need to hook up the other leg to be switched, probably only the input side actually, but the switch actually needs power and only one hot leg won't do it.

Edit: I found this diagram which appears to be for a similar switch. Seems to confirm what I said above.

http://www.e-switch.com/Portals/0/Series_Pdf/R5.pdf

Early morning? Good to hear you got it sorted, i had to ask how to wire them too. What's the panel for, you got a lot of temp gauges there.

always an early morning with the kids!

i have one pid for the hlt and the other pid for seperate herms tank i'm building

the tpm-900s are basically thermometers,these are boil kettle,cold water in,mash out and mash return.

the other screen is a combination amp/volt meter.

its not all necessary but the stuff was pretty cheap on ebay so i thought why not?

Latest posts

Back