Easy Bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rewster451

Reaction score
I've noticed that New Belgium bottles and Bass Ale bottles have labels that come off really easily. Does anyone know of any other "good" beers that have easily removed labels? I hate, hate, hate scrubbing stubborn labels off of beer bottles.

Appalachian Brewing Company bottle labels come off well too. I've found soaking them in either warm, soapy water, or warm water with a little windex diluted in it, and I barely scrub at all. The labels just fall off.

Order some powdered brewery wash (PBW), and soak the bottles over night and in the morning you can wipe your hand across the bottle and everything comes off. good stuff, especially for fermenters and equipment

Ah, good news about the Bass Ale bottles. I just got home with a sixer of their Pale Ale.

The easiest labels to remove by far, are from Guinness Draught bottles. Just take an exacto knife or something and cut the plastic wrappers right off. Even with the widget, mine say they hold 12 ounces. After the widget is out, they would probably hold 13.

So far the hardest labels to get off for me have been from Fat Tire bottles.

What chaps me, is while out buying cool new beers to try, I have gotten home with a couple of sixers with twist-off lids! These days I look a little closer before picking anything up. lol

The other day I bought a couple of cases of 12 ounce bottles from the LHBS. 10.95 plus tax per case. Yikes!

Look at it like this, if you don't buy bottles at that price, you get a $2.50+ discount off of every six-pack of good beer you buy. Just don't get the twist-offs.... :drunk:

My friend gave me tons of Warsteiner bottles(that is until I got his father in law into homebrewing!!!:mad: ) Anyway, those came off pretty dang easy. Soak in water, they peel right off. I'm not really mad that I got his father in law into homebrewing, but dang, I hate to miss out on those bottles. I guess it's better that i have a buddy homebrewer than those bottles...

I really like the Guiness Bottles. The labels are not glued, they are plastic heat shrink and come right off. The widget can be removed easily with needle nose pliers. The bottles have a nice "curve" to them as well.

loop

In general, the labels from German bottles seem to come off easiest. They must be using a different glue.

But all labels come off easy if your put some baking soda into the soaking water. I tried this some days ago: only German bottle labels came off easily with just water; the rest came off after the addition of baking soda.

hope this helps.

Kai

My experience has been that labels for brews from the UK come off easiest. (Even easier than the German ones.)

-walker

I just soak all my bottles in hot water with the sterolizing powder and the lables just come off, no big deal.

ive got about 4 cases of sam adams. i'm not concerned about the labels I just do my sterilizing in the dishwasher and remove the labels as they fall off. got a party pig and tap a draft on the way, ill keep you informed

Back