East Coast - West Coast IPA swap!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flatfour64

Reaction score
Well guys and gals, I am finally going to do a beer swap with a friend in CA. I am in CT and I miss my west coast IPAs!!! Here is the low down:

I get: 2 bottles PTE, some Wookie Jack, and some good stuff from Kern River Brewing, and I am going to ask for some Lengthwise product too, since I used to live right near them.

He gets: 2 cans Heady Topper, some Gahndi Baht (if I can find it now), some Lawsons, some Harpoon Leviathan series, and a Back East imperial choco stout.

Any suggestions of additional beers either way? I do so much drinking of my own home brew that I have not been keeping up on the latest and greatest. I can now get Green Flash stuff here, so leaving them out of this, but love the Palate Wrecker!

If you look well enough you shuold be able to find Wookey Jack. I know it's distributed to a handful of stores in my area maybe there are some up in your area or within a reasonable drive.

I would recommend as far as my favorite east coast IPAs (though they may get them out in California or you may not get them in CT)

Dog Fish 90 Minute
Victory Hop Devil
Victory Hop Wallop
Troegs Hop Back (not actually an IPA but a hopbacked Amber, really hoppy)
Troegs Perpetual IPA
Heavy Seas Loose Cannon
Ithica Flower Power IPA
Sixpoint Resin
Sixpoint Bengali Tiger

Just a list of my favorite hoppy East Coast IPAs.

See if you can get some Blind Pig. I'm not sure of its availability, but I've heard some really good things about it. And like hippo said, you should be able to find Wookey Jack locally.

Side note: I think he wins this equation.

Cigar City Jai Alai is amazing and should e acquired.

I'd send a sixer of it cross country for some Pliny the Elder.

OK. Where is the best and closest place to get the following:

Gandi Baht
Heady Topper

I live in central CT, so looking for closest place to call and verify they have it before I drive there! Thanks!

Back