Easily Removable Temp Probe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheAleMaster

Reaction score
Hi all. I have an electric brewery with my temp probes for my BCS-460 running through standard NPT compression fittings (all purchased from Brewers Hardware). No big deal. But, I also have a Megapot that has no ports in it that I use for BIAB. I want to start using a heat stick, but am wondering how I can use the temperature sensors. Anyone have any ideas on how I could immerse one of the probes?

Thanks!

Hi all. I have an electric brewery with my temp probes for my BCS-460 running through standard NPT compression fittings (all purchased from Brewers Hardware). No big deal. But, I also have a Megapot that has no ports in it that I use for BIAB. I want to start using a heat stick, but am wondering how I can use the temperature sensors. Anyone have any ideas on how I could immerse one of the probes?

Thanks!

get your hands on a thermowell

http://www.brewershardware.com/24-Tri-Clover-Thermowell-TWTCCAP24.html

This one is triclamp, so a little overkill for what you need but you'll get the idea

That is my current plan for the BIAB system I'm working on. The probe from Aubur is 1/2" npt. I'm just going to run the connector through 1/2 or 3/4 copper and couple it to the probe. I figure it won't snag the bag, and doesn't require a hole I may not need later.

Back