Earn Stella Artois Chalices - Dish Network

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captain_Bigelow

Reaction score
I came across this earlier in the week. I did a search just now and could not find any other threads on this.

Basically on channel 99 of Dish Network, it has a special interactive Stella Promo. You have to watch a short video about the perfect way of pouring a Stella. I guess there is a special 9 step process. Then you have to do a 4 question quiz.

Not sure how many questions you need right, but I got three out of four and it took me to a screen where I could automatically enter for a draw to win two Stella glasses. The small print says they are drawing 2500 winners each draw period of about 3 weeks.

It says available on digital cable, so this may also be on some Time Warner or Directv channel.

They look like this...
stella.jpg

yea stella is owned my budweiser. i refuse to drink or have anything else to do with it. besides, imho it tastes like water.

good find though for free glasses

yea stella is owned my budweiser. i refuse to drink or have anything else to do with it. besides, imho it tastes like water.

good find though for free glasses

There isn't one true statement in that whole post.

There isn't one true statement in that whole post.

you know, you're right in the sense that Stella is owned by Anheuser–Busch InBev which also owns Budweiser.

However, I stand by that in my opinion, it tastes like water and that i refuse to have anything to do with it. Also, I still think it's a good find for free glasses.

I spent 3 weeks in Belgium on bizness a few years ago. NOBODY over there drinks Stella, or so it seemed to me. When Chili's runs the $2.99 specials on Stella, I'll drink it, but that's about it. Nothing to write home about.

Funny tho, it seemed that EVERYBODY in Amsterdam was drinking Amstel.

Stella is ok. I love the glass.

I'm kind of mad at Dish network too, and had thought about switching to Dtv but I'm giving them time to work it out. I can't understand why they can't meet in the middle. Fox wants a bunch more money and won't let Dish air their programs until they work out a deal. So it's FOX who shut them down. And it's kind of convoluted, but I think that DirectTV is part of the same large LARGE company that also own Foxs Sports (News Corp).

So it would "seem" that charging extra for Dish would be good for their own business since they would WANT people to get mad when Dish stopped carrying them and switched to DirectTV instead. I think they are upset that Dish carries a huge lead in subscribers and thought of this as a way to grab some share and possibly some extra $$ at the end when they do reach an agreement.

Anyway, I'm tired of the BS between them and I think I'll check out that Stella thing. I could always use more cool beer glasses (don't tell the wife!)

Back