E/SE Nebraska Area Group Buy 08/2013

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When can we start sending payment in?

Do we do it through that website?

Once the buy closes. Reason being is that we each pay exactly our portion of shipping based on weight we ordered times the divided shipping cost per pound. As people mess with their orders, the poundage goes up and down, altering the per pound shipping cost.

Just about 10 days now and we'll have it closed.

Aye carumba! We're at NINETY-FOUR BAGS! :eek:

That puts us into THREE pallets. I've updated the shipping accordingly, so we need to see about getting a few more bags (20 or so) into this, then the shipping cost will average out closer to 5 cents per pound like it should be. Right now it's at 10 cents, which is still incredibly reasonable ($5 shipping on a 50lb. bag?!??) :mug:

distributistdad said:
What are you looking to split? The only thing that I'm still tossing around are bags of flaked oats & wheat. I'd do half bags on both of those, if anyone's interested.

I will split that with you. Would you like to set it up. My email is [email protected]

I will split that with you. Would you like to set it up. My email is [email protected]

I got it added split 50/50. I can bring my postal scale to weigh it up when I pick up my order and I'll figure out something to package it too.

Thank you very much to the organizers of this group buy. I appreciate the time and effort to save us all a few bucks!

tre9er said:
Aye carumba! We're at NINETY-FOUR BAGS! :eek:

That puts us into THREE pallets. I've updated the shipping accordingly, so we need to see about getting a few more bags (20 or so) into this, then the shipping cost will average out closer to 5 cents per pound like it should be. Right now it's at 10 cents, which is still incredibly reasonable ($5 shipping on a 50lb. bag?!??) :mug:

I guess since you are twisting my arm I can see about buying a few more bags.

Any Omaha people happen to work in Lincoln that would be able to bring this stuff closer to us all?

I got it added split 50/50. I can bring my postal scale to weigh it up when I pick up my order and I'll figure out something to package it too.

Thank you very much to the organizers of this group buy. I appreciate the time and effort to save us all a few bucks!

That looks good. Thanks!! I also have a scale and some bags that we can package with.

Hey! Tell your friends, c'mon, let's get some more bags on this order! Helps everyone by lowering shipping cost per pound!
-

tre9er said:
Hey! Tell your friends, c'mon, let's get some more bags on this order! Helps everyone by lowering shipping cost per pound!
-

How many more bags are needed?

Wasn't Gretna originally a cornfield?

Gretna High school was a cornfield when I was in elementary school. It became a middle school, then a high school. I attended the current middle school as a high school for 1 year, that building sucked.

Gretna High school was a cornfield when I was in elementary school. It became a middle school, then a high school. I attended the current middle school as a high school for 1 year, that building sucked.

It's amazing what can happen with a little infrastructure, eh?

I would add more bags but I'm already getting six bags and splitting two which adds up to seven. If I spend any more on grain my wife may have grain stored in her kitchen and then she will kick me out of the house ;)

Guys, I just got the email that Kent from Omaha sends out about the HUGE group buy that happens twice a year. If any of you are going to participate in that and don't mind waiting until October for your grain, my feelings won't be hurt if you drop out of this one. Just wanted to give you a chance to do so because I don't see us hitting 120 bags anyway, so maybe going back down to 80 is the answer...but then again if only a few bags are dropping off...STAY! :D

Alternatively, anyone willing to wait could also postpone their order here and I can start another one, so we have more time to build that pallet up.

Guys, I just got the email that Kent from Omaha sends out about the HUGE group buy that happens twice a year. If any of you are going to participate in that and don't mind waiting until October for your grain, my feelings won't be hurt if you drop out of this one. Just wanted to give you a chance to do so because I don't see us hitting 120 bags anyway, so maybe going back down to 80 is the answer...but then again if only a few bags are dropping off...STAY! :D

Alternatively, anyone willing to wait could also postpone their order here and I can start another one, so we have more time to build that pallet up.

I could drop a bag or 2 to take us back down. How many do we need to lose to get back down?

I can drop my 6 bags. I have enough on hand to hold me over until later in the year.

Where are we at and where do we need to be??

I could probably buy another bag. I actually dropped one bag around a week ago. I now have the funds to buy a little more if it was to help. I'm going to be away from HBT for about a day and a half starting now. But I will check back ASAP.

sfgoat said:
Where are we at with bag count? How many do we need to lose or gain to satisfy pallet count as this closes tomorrow?

I am willing to drop my 6 bags if needed as I have enough to hold me over until later in the year. Just let me know.

I can certainly drop a couple bags and get in on the Omaha buy. Looks like we need some #'s to start working with. Let us know where we are at. Thanks!

Just sent everyone emails, and I think we're down near 80 right now. I think we're golden.

I'm still in. If you need to drop another bag or two just let me know.

I don't plan on dropping my bags this round, but am curious to know how I can get on Kent's mailing list? Or if anyone can comment on what his buy includes (strictly grain or can we possibly get hops, etc.?)

Thanks for all the work orchestrating this!

I don't plan on dropping my bags this round, but am curious to know how I can get on Kent's mailing list? Or if anyone can comment on what his buy includes (strictly grain or can we possibly get hops, etc.?)

Thanks for all the work orchestrating this!

His buys happen twice a year and are grain and hops (11lb. minimum, not sure if he does splits) as well as other stuff like sugars, syrups, StarSan, etc. They take a while to put together because they are tens of thousands of dollars total, they're huge orders.

FYI, a little birdie told me that there may be a bulk-grain business opening up in Lincoln soon...

FYI, a little birdie told me that there may be a bulk-grain business opening up in Lincoln soon...

I would love to get the info on this. I'm not doing all grain yet but I'm planning on starting next year

Back