E Kettle build 2.0

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BxBrewer

Reaction score
A big shout out to BobbyM from brewers hardware ! My small 5 gal pot that I put a element in is retired. I wanted to go to a bigger pot for full boils. Although using PVC fittings to mount the element works it sort of a permanent solution . I really wanted a way to service,clean and replace the element at will. One bonus is I can pull the element and put on a cap. That makes it so I can use a normal burner "have to shield of course ". Also a big thanks to the long thread about silver soldering. Brewers hardware, Bargain fittings and Morebeer for the pot. Doing a test boil as we speak. Leak test was fine.

Could you tell me the size of the dimple tool you used to solder this? I assume it was for the 1.5" ferrule? I'm thinking about doing the same. Looks like those element housings Bobby M sells are the way to go.

Thanks!

Rod, I used the ferrule itself. I have a knock out set. I used the 1 1/4 punch. I then used the same tool and ferrule to make the dimple. That really isn't key but its what I did. If I were to do it again I would look for a reducer to make the dimple. Getting it centered doing it my way was too much trouble although I got it.

Back