E-Brewing video series

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

E-Brewing Video Series

• Yes do it.

• Nah don't bother

Results are only viewable after voting.
If you don't want do mess with any wiring, you can use a 240v pump or use the cheap solar dc pumps with a ac 240v to dc 24v power supply. You can use any component you want just make sure its able to handle 220 volts. I have been using the solar pumps for years with out problems. They work great and are cheap, they just don't like to be dropped. Chugger makes a 240 pump or you can get one off aliexpress if you would like a little more pumping ability or the stainless heads.

Here's an example of dc power supply if you want to use the solar pumps, just quick searches might be cheaper elsewhere:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078RYWZMH/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-DC-12V...hash=item1ca57e0e84:m:m-7SmGH8D0p7tpSGwv5uVIg

Thank you so much! I was on the john the other day thinking about my situation and the idea of using a transformer popped into my head. These power supplies are perfect!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just on the plug types. Here in Aus we typically use three pin plugs, the three pins being live, neutral and earth. It's ok about not determining the plug size/type etc as I have a sparky mate that can help on that as well as check the final build. Thanks

It has been a while since I have been on this forum and also a while since being able to do anything on improving my brew setup. I am starting to get going again on planning/building a control panel etc.

Doug293cz did you get around to putting together an Aussie version of the circuit diagram ? It’s ok if you haven’t got one, I could probably use your US version as inspiration to put one together.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
It has been a while since I have been on this forum and also a while since being able to do anything on improving my brew setup. I am starting to get going again on planning/building a control panel etc.

Doug236cz did you get around to putting together an Aussie version of the circuit diagram ? It’s ok if you haven’t got one, I could probably use your US version as inspiration to put one together.

Thanks in advance.
I must apologize, it slipped my mind. Thanks for the reminder. The diagram below is of a non-USA style 240V electrical system. I show the neutral wires being switched by the contactors, but this is not actually necessary. It just made the design edits easier. You can safely have the neutral wires bypass the contactors. I didn't update the receptacle types from what is used in the USA, or the non-USA equivalent of GFCI protection.

HERMS for Video Aussie Ver.PNG

Brew on :mug:

Just on the plug types. Here in Aus we typically use three pin plugs, the three pins being live, neutral and earth. It's ok about not determining the plug size/type etc as I have a sparky mate that can help on that as well as check the final build. Thanks

It has been a while since I have been on this forum and also a while since being able to do anything on improving my brew setup. I starting to get going again on planning/building a control panel etc.

Doug

Very much appreciated. Your diagrams are always well laid out and easy to understand. Brew controller here I come!

Hello,

Thank you for these videos, they are great! I am in the process of planning my conversion from a three vessel propane system to a three vessel electric RIMS system. Your videos are very informative and very well put together. I haven’t made it through the entire series yet but I will.

Also, thank you to Doug293cz for the great drawings! These things are so well put together and labeled. I will be taking a look at each of them and see if I can adapt any of them to what I am looking at accomplishing.

Hello,

Thank you for these videos, they are great! I am in the process of planning my conversion from a three vessel propane system to a three vessel electric RIMS system. Your videos are very informative and very well put together. I haven’t made it through the entire series yet but I will.

Also, thank you to Doug293cz for the great drawings! These things are so well put together and labeled. I will be taking a look at each of them and see if I can adapt any of them to what I am looking at accomplishing.

Glad you found them helpful! Doug does some awesome diagrams for sure. Couldn't have done the videos without his help!

I must apologize, it slipped my mind. Thanks for the reminder. The diagram below is of a non-USA style 240V electrical system. I show the neutral wires being switched by the contactors, but this is not actually necessary. It just made the design edits easier. You can safely have the neutral wires bypass the contactors. I didn't update the receptacle types from what is used in the USA, or the non-USA equivalent of GFCI protection.

View attachment 591057

Does anyone know if Doug has a diagram for a 3V RIMS system that would cover 1 x 5500W HLT, 1 x 2000W RIMS, and 1 x 5500W BK for Aussie 240V?

Does anyone know if Doug has a diagram for a 3V RIMS system that would cover 1 x 5500W HLT, 1 x 2000W RIMS, and 1 x 5500W BK for Aussie 240V?
No, I haven't. I have a North American version of that on my "to do" list. After I finish that one, it won't be hard to modify it for single phase 240V. The trick for this design is implementing an "any two of three" switch, so that it is not possible to turn on all three elements at once (which would overload a 50A circuit.)

No, I haven't. I have a North American version of that on my "to do" list. After I finish that one, it won't be hard to modify it for single phase 240V. The trick for this design is implementing an "any two of three" switch, so that it is not possible to turn on all three elements at once (which would overload a 50A circuit.)

Thanks Doug!!

Latest posts

Back