E-BIAB finished and tested

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GTaylor

Reaction score
Built a 2.5-4 gallon system based off of johnoden's build, just with a smaller element. Here are some of the finished pics, the square plug is for the power in and the round is to the pot. The last picture is a trial run with water and working on the autotune.

CIMG2769.jpg

CIMG2770.jpg

CIMG2776.jpg

Here it is in action making an american pale ale, changed the brass valve to 3 piece ss. I am using a 3500 watt lwd element and the greatbreweh pump, everything went good for the first time. Was able to get to boiling from mash out temps in about 8 minutes, and chilled with IC that was half out of the wort and a whirlpool device to 63 degrees in about 10 minutes. Also, added the tags that were ordered from this place, they are a great place to work with if you need any.

CIMG2824.jpg

CIMG2828.jpg

CIMG2831.jpg

CIMG2834.jpg

Cool. Can you describe the fittings on your pump... I just did some quick googling after seeing your post and some people claim one side was npt and the other was bsp.

Thanks!

Very nice! Simple, functional, and it makes beer - exactly what you'd want out of a small BIAB package. I have a buddy that's dreaming of a small BIAB settup, I'll send him over to this thread for ideas.
-Kevin

bink00 said:
Cool. Can you describe the fittings on your pump... I just did some quick googling after seeing your post and some people claim one side was npt and the other was bsp.

Thanks!

Both side appear to be npt, the fittings came from brewhardware. Didn't have any leaks from the connections during the recirc or whirlpool.

Latest posts

Back