Durham, NC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blue27343

Reaction score
sorry to post this again, just wanted to make sure nobody ignored it because the previous one was by a guy from Durham, England......

"Anyone here from Durham (NC)? Im a beginner and want to learn some about all grain brewing....

haha, just saw my roomate's hometown on Colbert Report'd better know a district as the wealthiest district in america...

sorry about that, I am on about number five of a brewferm grand cru extract kit...
Anywho, anyone in the area that would like to help me out would be great....

By the way, this forum is great, and very helpful and I intend on posting a lot more as I learn more and have more to share.....

thanks again....."

no...I'm not...

but you can learn a lot from this place...from howtobrew.com or (there is this other site that is pretty cool that walks you through everything with pics but I can't remember it right now...post it later) or just by getting your hands dirty...thats sorta what I did...my first AG was with a grain bag in my boil kettle and it's one of the best beers I've made so far! if you get a decent grasp on it and you can get the equipment (or ghetto-fy some for now) go ahead and try it...lots of people end up posting on here about how easy it actually turned out to be!

or you could do a 3gal batch for your first time...make cooling a bit easier if you don't have a wort chiller also easier if you go the grain bag method...

hows that grand cru? I've never had one but it sounds good...

Welcome
There are a bunch of people around here from the triangle area.
Good luck with the grand cru!

Hello and welcome.

I'm one of the several from NC, although I don't live in the Triangle exactly. I'm in Goldsboro, so I'm close. You'll hear from Walker, Jeff, the Barron and others. They get together and brew a lot, I think. In fact, we had a World Beer Fest after party at Walker's house just last weekend - very cool crowd.

Hope to see you around at the many beer fests and brewing events that are in the area...

Focus

The grand cru isnt bad, I havent let it age fully yet, but its pretty decent:)

Back