Dulce de leche cider

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

backwardsman

Reaction score
I'm thinking about experimenting with a carmel cider recipe in place of carmel using dulce de leche. For those not familiar it is basically carmel made with milk amd sugar. My question is has anyone ever tried or any tips? Or would it even work? Thanks in advanced

I used to make this in a pressure cooker, put the cans of sweetened condensed milk into the pressure cooker and 90 minutes later perfect caramel. Then we were in a Mexican grocer and I see they already had the cooked caramel in a can, so much easier. I would think this should work well, the milk proteins if there are any left can even help clear it. There are probably some unfermentable sugars left from the caramelization process so dont be surprised if it doesnt go all the way down to 1.000. Drop in some vanilla also as a complementary boosting flavor. WVMJ

Thanks for the reply wvmj I will have to work up a recipe then. And give it a go. Good to hear from another mountaineer brewer aswell!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Home Brew mobile app

Back