Dudes!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DARK

Reaction score
Greetings to all!

I'm currently based near Atlanta, GA, but I'm from the East SF Bay in CA.

I'm hoping you want to hear my fun boring story of how I got into brewing beer at home. Not quite sure when it actually happened; I bought three 5-gallon carboys and some one-gallon jugs at a yard sale two or three years ago thinking that they'd be good for something (for $5/lot I got a great price). Around July/August 2006 a bug bit me, and I decided to go for broke. I cleaned out the carboys, bought some books, and got started by brewing the Cincinnatti Pale Ale from John Palmer's book. I've since brewed a milk stout and (vinted?) a batch of mead. They're all bubbling away as I type this.

My future projects are a ginger beer, a scotch ale, a brown ale, some sort of honey ale (with the extra honey from that mead), and a maple wine. I think I may be a fanatic already... I've been researching kegging supplies and keg-o-rator setups.

It's good to be part of a brewing community, and I look forward to meeting everybody. What a great hobby!

Welcome...good story.

Where are you near ATL? There's a brewer located north of ATL, so someone is (relatively) close-by.

I just left Anniston, AL yesterday. I was there for 2 weeks. I'll be heading through ATL in a couple of weeks on my way to Savannah.

I'm located in the North Metro area myself. I'm looking for a local homebrew club... if you know of any in this area, let me know!

Welcome aboard! I too started withe the recipe from Palmer, modified a little due to hop availability. It hooked me! That was a year ago and I have been brewing fairly regularly since, though not as much as I would like!

Back