DuClaw's Sweet Baby Jesus Clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out a clone of this magical beer to fill one of my corny's up with. I've been brewing for about 2 years now, but i'm pretty terrible when it comes to creating my own recipes. I scoured the web and the closest I got was the DuClaw site. They provide the following info regarding the beer:

Grains:
Pale Malt
Chocolate Malt
Crystal Malt
Black Malt
Brown Malt
Roasted Barley

Hops:
Fuggle
Goldings

53BU's with an alcohol content of 6.5%

Can anyone provide any additional info on what to add to bring out the specific chocolate and peanut butter flavors they do? Also any guidance on how to create this into a mini-mash recipe would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

*UPDATE* I got in touch with someone close to their brewing process, and he "didn't" say that they use chocolate and peanut butter extracts from silvercloudestates.com . They have to go that route due to people allergic to nuts. So if anyone out there could give me some recipe advice, that would be awesome!

And for merely the price of the rest of the ingredients in the entire 5 gallon batch of beer, you get a 4 fl.oz. bottle of extract...

I'm not a partial or all grain brewer yet but wanted to try and hit this clone as close as possible too. Do you think those grains with a porter extract kit would be possible?

Just looking for $.02 as I may try either way. If it works I'll report back :)

Love me some Sweet Baby Jesus

Hey yall, i'm about to do a Sweet Baby Jesus Clone and wanted to see if any of yall had thoughts on the extract idea since this was posted. Thanks!

I did this a few years ago - used 2 jars of PB2. Actually, Chocolate PB2 (was all they had at the whole foods I went into), and some cocoa nibs, and some hershey cocoa powder. Left a huge amount of sludge at the bottom of my brew kettle, but a decent clone. I'll look around for the recipe.

Back