Dual regulator repair

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stevesmirk

Reaction score
I had a dual regulator, but after a fall, the piece in between the two regulators broke off at the threads. I have tried many ways to get this piece out so I can get a replacement piece, but I am unable to get this out. My next thought is to take it to a tool shop to see if they can get it out, but was not certain if it would be cheaper in the long run to just buy new. Anyone have experience with this?

I thought about that, but my extractor bit is too narrow. I wasn't sure if there were any that were going to be wide enough before it bottoms out. I will hit the hardware store to find out. Thanks for the help!

Stevesmirk said:
I thought about that, but my extractor bit is too narrow. I wasn't sure if there were any that were going to be wide enough before it bottoms out. I will hit the hardware store to find out. Thanks for the help!

Another way would be to cut slots with a grinder and use a flat blade screw driver.

Back