Dual ITC-1000 with one power source?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HD3

Reaction score
I am looking to wire up two Inkbird ITC-1000 units for both my fermentation chamber and keezer. I have a question regarding this practice. Could I use one power source to feed both units and just wire the two units and outlets directly to the singular power source together? Or, would I need individual power sources for each unit? I can't really seem to find an answer to my question or examples and...I am an electrical noob.

Cheers!

Preferable to have each on separate circuit. One for keezer, one for ferm.

Heat/cold for ferm run off inkbird so one circuit is normal.

One other thing, most controllers are 10amp. Might wanna make sure ferm chamber is 10 or less. Probably is, but couldn’t hurt to check.

This coming from a Master Electrician

Really it depends on your amperage draw. If both add up to less ten 12amps then it will be fine on one (15a) breaker. I have two fridges plugged in to one dedicated receptacle myself no problem: a kegerator and a wine cooler.
Pay special attention to your fermentor heat source as this could put you over the 12a

Back