Dual Body Regulator for Transfer & Carbonating Kegs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CentralNJBrew

Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm having some difficulty trying to figure out my CO2 setup. I'm aware enough of how gas physics works (i think), but I really have no experience with the hardware that I intend to purchase soon.

I have a morebeer conical (i have the co2 adapter), and plan on using co2 to transfer the beer from it, through the filter, into the keg.

I also have a fridge that I am converting into a kegorator. It can fit 4 ball lock kegs.

I have my eye on the taprite dual body Co2 regulator, like on morebeer (I've seen the same model for cheaper elsewhere as well).
http://morebeer.com/products/co2-regulator-dual-body-gauge.html#

The way I'm thinking of it, I can dedicate one outlet on the regulator for conical transfer only (2-3 psi), and the other outlet will be solely for pressurizing whatever number of kegs I have in the fridge (12-30 psi for serving, force carbonating, etc) . Of course I'll have one of those 4 way secondary co2 regulators in the fridge for each keg.

I guess my questions are the following;

1) Can I even do what I described in the above paragraph with the dual body co2 regulator? Or would it be wiser to get two separate co2 tanks, regardless of size?

Also, concerning the 4 way secondary regulators. I see two separate kinds. I see one with gauges on them, and I see some without.

2) For the secondary regulators with the gauges, I'm assuming I can set them for any pressure, as long as it is not higher than what was coming in from the primary regulator. And they can all be set to differing pressures if I chose to do that. Is that assumption correct?

3) For the secondary regulators without the gauges (are they just considered splitters?), I believe that they are either all or nothing, on or off. If the primary regulator happens to be 13 psi, if the valve is open, its gonna be 13 psi. If its closed, ZERO (obviously). Is this assumption correct?

Like all my other posts, any guidance or point in the right direction is greatly appreciated. Thank you all so much.

Back