Dry leaves and lower little ones yellowing???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tilldeath

Reaction score
So as the title says, that's what's going on and to make matters worse we are supposed to get snow tonight and then it will warm to about 60 for the next few days with lows in the upper 30's, I'll keep them covered, but they are in a container and I can't move it cause I got a HUGE one. What should I do about the dry leaves and the yellowing???

Nitrogen Deficiency- Leaves are smaller, dark olive green and have a dull appearance. They can fade to a dull orange. There is a tendency for the leaves to curl downward and the leaf petioles to become darker red. Brown spots develop interveinally on the under surface of the leaves.

http://www.freshops.com/hop-growing/hop-diseases-and-pests/#nutrient

I have heard that they can turn yellowish as well.

I used a combination of organic Compost and regular soil from my garden ph was 7.0 with good lvls of all outher nutrients and then the top 2 ft. I used Mericle grow moisture control. I have no bugs and I just used some liquid mericle grow fertalizer about a week ago. The have been in the pot since this April 2nd, and I have bines about 1/2-2 ft.

no doesn't look like that the little leaves on the real smal slow growing bines are the only yellow ones. I really think I should trim back all the little bines that don't seem to be growing much and focus on the main 2-3. What does everyone think?

You should really be trimming back your bines regardless of if they are "happy" or not. 2-3 bines is the optimal number to be growing. Any more and you'll have less of a yield. I usually cut back all of my bines until right around this time of year. That allows the plant to really focus on root growth and once I let them go they spring up like mad.

sweet thanks for the advice I just trimmed them down to the two best and its going to warm up here soon so here's hoping. :mug:

Back