Dry hopping

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ABI Brewery

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I just dry hopped my two beers, I did a ten gallon batch and split into two fermenters, any way I just dry hopped a big mouth bubbler with 5 oz whole leaf cascade, and a catalyst fermenter with 3.5 oz citra pellets, this batch was 21 lbs rahr 2 row and 1 lb crystal 20 and .75 lb crystal 60. How should I let the dry hop go, brew day was the 15th

you have quite a lot of room for error dry hopping, i wouldnt worry too much, at least 3-4 days at room temp

Leaf hops need a bit more days, but pellets work much faster. I only dry hop with pellets and for only 48 hours. I've used leaf hops and left them in for 5 days and some were still not entirely soaked, but you do get the aroma.

THanks guys, and yes room temp, about 65, Ill package the pellets batch on saturday, and then the whole leafs on monday, that will give the pellets 3 days and the whole leaf batch 5....................cant wait :cask:

Back