Dry Hopping

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lbaker

Reaction score
I know there are a million threads on here about dry hopping, but I guess I had another mental picture in mind and didn't see this expressed in the forums. I moved to secondary last night and added the 1oz amarillo to my gumballhead clone and this morning the pellets have formed a fine layer of foam on top of the beer. I was expecting the pellets to absorb and sink...are other methods preferred? I feel like with it just sitting on top the entire batch isnt getting effect I was wanting...or should I just shut up and RDWHAHB?

Also, are there any late additions or methods that can be used with additional clearing? I forgot the irish moss and the beer is still super cloudy after 2 weeks...hopefully alot of it goes away when i let it carb in the keg for a week

They always sit on top for awhile. Eventually most of it will sink, and there might just be a bit that stays on top.

Back