dry hopped 2 days ago, mold??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buffalobrewer

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I dry hopped a pliny clone (2nd dry hop addition) 2 days ago and now my beer has this on top:
moldy_.jpg

i haven't had any other dry hopped beers get these bubbles. Prior to the 2nd dry hop addition the top was smooth with some hop particles floating.

Looks moldy, but could be just some co2 bubbles with hop residue. They were pellet hops. IMBR? (i feel like such a noob:confused:)

Looks good to me, although I can't figure out what dry-hopping with that mini-marshmallow is going to do for the beer.

I'd hate to see a Michigan fan get accused of poisoning someone in that evil city in OH. :drunk:

I wouldn't poison anyone, I'm a Michigan fan too!! You have no idea how miserable my life is 11 1/2 months out of the year. They only take a break talking about Suckeye football about 2 weeks out of the year on the Sports radio station here.

GO BLUE!!

didn't even notice the marshmallow in there. Will the yeasties eat marshmallows? Do they add mouthfeel? Will my beer get stuck in the carboy? What's in a marshmallow anyway??

strange reflection that marshmallow.

I figured it was a reflection! It just struck me funny to see what looks like a marshmallow floating in yer beer.

Dry hopped 2days ago when transferred to secondary. found these bubbles on top today. Tasted and smelled fine when transferred. Anything to worry about?
(Apologize for rotated image)

image.jpg

Back