Drip tray options

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kurt_S

Reaction score
I am looking for some drip tray options, other than just buying a real drip tray. :)
I like repurposing items and I don't have to have a grid covering the tray. I plan to attach it to the keezer with magnets. 3 taps on 3.5" or 4" centers, so I need a tray about 10" long.
Maybe using a plastic storage tray? Or making a tray out of wood and urethaning it (it would look nicer than the plastic!).
Other ideas?

Thanks!

I ended up buying a 19" drip tray online (HomeBrewStuff.com had one for $19.99; I think BarSupplies.com had them for $15.99). But before that, I was considering using a drywall mud tray from the local hardware store. You can pick up a plastic one for a couple bucks, a little more for a stainless steel version. Figure out how to rig up a grate (repurpose some wire shelving) and you'd be in business.

I had my first drip tray attached with magnets and people were constantly setting their beer on it. It couldn't hold the weight of a full beer so the tray and full beer would come crashing down with beer flying everywhere. When I added more taps ended up buying a bigger tray and permanently attaching it. Whatever you do, I would suggest making sure it can support the weight of a full glass of beer.

Keezer5.jpg

Keezer4.jpg

Good idea / points.
I came up with the wood idea while typing out the question. The wife likes the idea, so I'll explore that. Need to see what pretty wood scraps I have laying around and decide whether I'm adding a lip or removing material to make a lip.

HopVol,
What the distance between centers on your tap setup?

Thanks!!

Good idea / points.
I came up with the wood idea while typing out the question. The wife likes the idea, so I'll explore that. Need to see what pretty wood scraps I have laying around and decide whether I'm adding a lip or removing material to make a lip.

HopVol,
What the distance between centers on your tap setup?

Thanks!!

I don't remember for sure. I drilled them four years ago. I've slept and drank alot since then, lol. I can measure them this afternoon.

I had my first drip tray attached with magnets and people were constantly setting their beer on it. It couldn't hold the weight of a full beer so the tray and full beer would come crashing down with beer flying everywhere. When I added more taps ended up buying a bigger tray and permanently attaching it. Whatever you do, I would suggest making sure it can support the weight of a full glass of beer.

What are those metal filler pieces? I'm assuming those are to fill holes for taps that are not currently being used? do you have a link to where you got them? I just built my kegerator and I drilled pilot holes for extra taps/kegs I haven't purchased yet and those would look way better than pilot holes filled w/ caulking.

What are those metal filler pieces? I'm assuming those are to fill holes for taps that are not currently being used? do you have a link to where you got them? I just built my kegerator and I drilled pilot holes for extra taps/kegs I haven't purchased yet and those would look way better than pilot holes filled w/ caulking.

They're accessory hole covers for sinks. You can find them in the plumbing section at Lowes or Home Depot.

This thread talks a little more about the build.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=395474

I don't remember for sure. I drilled them four years ago. I've slept and drank alot since then, lol. I can measure them this afternoon.
If you would, thanks. I've seen them too close together and I'm trying to get it right the first time. :)

If you would, thanks. I've seen them too close together and I'm trying to get it right the first time. :)

Sorry it took so long to get back. The holes on mine are four inches center to center.

Back