Drip, drip, drip....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evanmars

EAC Wannabe
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Nothing like having one of your best brew days ever, hitting mash temp spot on, temp staying all hour, volume as planned.

Then you put it into your keggle with your fancy new hop screen setup. Turning on the heat and then realizing that you forgot to put any thread seal on your valve:( .

Hope I don't lose too much from the little leak.

LOL.... Been there, Done that. My mash tun worked GREAT with cool tap water in it... 1st time hot water hit it, found the small leak. Filter did the same, but luckily found that one with water. I had cracked one of the fittings while installing it. Took 20 psi to find that one.

Brewday is done. Don't seem to have lost too much. I doubt even 12oz.

Hop stopper seemed to work pretty well. Large amount of hops on top of it. Still could see some going through the hose, though. I have an idea of how to make it a bit better.

Lost my siphon a bit early do to the air leak caused by no thread seal. But I think I'll still come out with close to five gallons at kegging time.

Now, I need to sit back and wait until it is ready to drink. Well technically, until it is ready to keg, and then to drink. Which is OK since I need to finish my keezer. Have to find a temp controller.

F.G. about 1.05. StrangeBrew figures my efficiency at 63.6%. :(

I think I need a stronger boil to boil off more water. I think I used a bit more water for sparging than was called for.

Back