Drink with a Celebrity

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dschoemaker

Reaction score
If you could have a nice cold beer with any celebrity, who would it be? For me it would be Charlie Daniels. Heck of a musician and seems to be a genuinely nice guy.

Dave

James May, from the BBC. Down to earth, passionate about beer, engineering, old motorcycles and aviation. He even had a go at homebrewing in a caravan on one of his shows. Reckon he'd be cool to have a pint in the shed with.

Honestly, I think I'd have to sit down with Flo from the Progressive Insurance commercials. She seems like she'd be fun to hang out with for a night.

I bet it'd be fun to get a little hammered with Jamie Oliver - as long as he's preparing the pub grub.

Mike Rowe, or Neil Peart.
For a hilarious time only.....Angus Young or Larry the cable guy.

Living or dead?

Andre the Giant. Sure I would die of alcohol poisioning, but I bet he would have been great company.
Or maybe Winston Churchill. That man would be fun to banter with after a few.

Biggest celebrities I have drank with: Studs Terkel and Michael Harrington.

The celebrity I'd like to drink with: Yooper.
And up in Atlanta: Tony Gonzalez. He's a Belgian fan.

So, so many... but to just pick the first one that pops into my head.

Mark Twain.

I'd love to see that what that sharp sense of humor and irony would have to say about the world we live in today.

I'd like to get Christina Hendricks really drunk...Just kidding. :D

Actually - I think I'd like to have had a beer with Gen. George S. Patton. That would be intense. Though I see him as more of a bourbon guy.

Had John Palmer briefly hanging out in our hotel room drinking our beer at NHC. That was cool. Ran into Screech from Saved By the Bell at a bar in Logan Airport once.

For me, it'd have to be George Carlin.

I want to party with Mark Wahlberg. That guy is a pimp. Then I would stumble over to Charlie Sheen's house to finish the night off! :drunk:

There is no one I could imagine enjoying a beer with more than my wife, but I think it would be cool to sit next to B.B. King and hear a story or two.

For me, it'd have to be George Carlin.

:) Yeah George has to be my #1.

I got hammered off my arse with Rob Vanwinkle (Vanilla Ice) about 10 years ago. That was fun.

Drank with Stephan Bonneronce at a bar in South Florida.

I met Marylyn Manson once. He was drinking something and I had a beer. Does that count?

I want to party with Mark Wahlberg. That guy is a pimp. Then I would stumble over to Charlie Sheen's house to finish the night off! :drunk:

I've had the change to meet Mark Wahlberg before.. you will never meet a bigger ******* in your life..

Opposite side, when Woody Harrelson was filming Zombieland in south GA, he used to come to a friend of mines steakhouse almost every night..

I sat and had beers with him for 3 or 4 hours (he was buying) and he is one of the nicest people I have ever met..

Alive or dead?
Dead: JFK, Adolph Hitler or anyone from the 27 club

Alive: Ken Grossman, Richard Branson or Mark Cuban

I think anyway.

Cheers
Jay

I've had the change to meet Mark Wahlberg before.. you will never meet a bigger ******* in your life..

Opposite side, when Woody Harrelson was filming Zombieland in south GA, he used to come to a friend of mines steakhouse almost every night..

I sat and had beers with him for 3 or 4 hours (he was buying) and he is one of the nicest people I have ever met..

Zombieland Rule# 97: When Woody Harrelson buys you a beer, you drink it, even if its yellow fizzy water.

Living or dead...
Ron White, the guy gets paid a LOT of money to stand on stage, talk $hit, smoke cigars & drink scotch. I bet he'd be interesting & fun to drink with.

Gen. George S. Patton. I'd like to drink & talk conquest with him, maybe play a game of risk.

Morgan Freeman, There seems to be a lot more to him than meets the eye & I think he'd have a way of looking at things that I might find interesting.

Walter Cronkite, I know he'd be full of stories to tell.

John Johnston aka "Liver Eatin' Johnson" But he didn't drink & wasn't much on talking. Maybe Hugh Glass would be a better choice to drink with, I'd like to hear his story in his own words. Or "Bear Claw" Chris Lapp, he'd have a few stories to tell & would likely enjoy telling them.

Either Salvador Dali or Jean Claude Monet, I think they would have some insight I would find interesting.

Errol Flynn, I think drinking with him would turn into an adventure & he could afford a good lawyer.

I'd like to drink (while fishing) with Ernest Hemmingway, I think it would be quite an adventure.

I'd like to get Rachel Ray & Amy Adams drunk. ;)

I have had a few over the years between Los Angeles, Jacksonville and New Orleans (some chit chat or in a really small dive bar) with Motley Crue, Poison, Lemmy Kilmister (Motorhead) Rod Stewart, Molly Hatchet and few members of Lynyrd Skynrd, Brian Howe (Bad Company), Cuba Gooding, Nickolas Cage. I think that's it.

Who would I like to? Randy Rhodes (deceased), Slash (living).

Back