drilled holes on keggle too big

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frenchy9991

Reaction score
I drilled my keggle holes a little too big, and i highly doubt i can get a bead of solder in the gap. I'm thinking of soldering a ss washer to my coupling, and then soldering the new piece into the hole. Does anyone have experience with this? I'm really hoping not to have to scrap this keg and start again

How big is it? If you were going for 1/2" fittings, you could just go up a size. Or you can go up a size and get a reducing fitting.

HDIr0n said:
How big is it? If you were going for 1/2" fittings, you could just go up a size. Or you can go up a size and get a reducing fitting.

Exactly what I was going to say. Seems like the perfect job for a simple reducer.

Added a copper fitting around the coupling, soldered it all together and it worked great! Brewed up 5 gallons yesterday outside in a snowstorm and lost zero degrees during the mash with two blankets wrapped around the keggle, couldn't e happier with the build

I did the same thing on mine for the thermometer, hole was suppose to be 1/2. step bit caught and drilled a 9/16 hole. So what I did was made a SS washer 1/2 ID and 9/16 OD to fill the void. Worked perfect..

Back