Double Dog Dare Ya!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hawkeyed

Reaction score
Back in 2009 I brewed up a batch of wheat beer from a kit. It was poured into a corney keg and topped off with CO2.
Fast forward to present day, I just stumbled upon this still untapped corney keg. The question of the day is, should I drink it or dump it? I'm curious to find out what it turned in to. Anyone care to double dog dare me to take a sip? or will we be needing to call in the ambulance? :mug:

In was in the basement at a controlled temp of about 69F year round.

In was in the basement at a controlled temp of about 69F year round.
Pour yourself a sample. Worst case, it's vulture pi$$ and you dump it. Best case, it liquid gold and you'll never taste anything as good again. What do you have to lose? If it's bad, you get a keg back, if it's good....well, drink it. Ed
:mug:

I think he meant could it have gone bad in some way and be potentially dangerous.

I believe because of the alcohol the answer is no. Then again beers do get infected so idk?

Is there still pressure? Just curious. How many damn corny kegs do you have that you can let one just sit for that long??? (We're new at this, and all my kegs are accounted for. Empty unfortunately....)

Damit guys! Hopefully he's not dead because you all insisted on him drinking it!

I enjoy beer to much for it to ever be forgotten. That's some aged stuff. Too bad it wasn't in a barrel.

Back