Double check my priming calculations

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mx750ktm

Reaction score
I know its almost self explanatory but at this stage I hate to make a simple error.
I'm using brewersfriend.com priming calculator, so first off is this a reliable calculator?
amount being packaged I have roughly 5.25 gallons in the primary now somewhat of a guess I can see the 5 gallon mark and I was supposed to top off to 5.25 but I'm guessing there's a little less. I'm guessing in the end leaving some in the primary when going to my bottling bucket I will end up with roughly 5 gallons.

So here are my inputs I used.
Amount being packaged 5 gallons
volumes of CO2 2.0 ( Alaskan Smoked Porter Clone)
Temp of beer 70 ( this was the highest the temp got. Started at 66 and the last week worked my way up to 70)

Also planning to use corn sugar instead of priming sugar which is what I've previously used.

The calculations tell me to use 3.4 oz of corn sugar. Sound Right ??
Thanks Jake

Sounds right. Thing is its a proposition. Meaning you will find the right volume of co2 needed after a couple of tries. You might prefer more or less

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back