Doomsday Prepping

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fujieagle

Reaction score
Okay, time to start a prepper thread to see how much interest there is out there. Homebrewers tend to be crafty and DIY type so lets see if we can get this started. Please, no political rants here. Let's just share our tips.

My 1st tip is an extended use flashlight. With an EverReady 3 LED 6 volt flashlight from lowes and a 56 ohm resitor, you can make a flashlight that should last for at least 360 hours. I have 5 that I have built following the instructions from survival life. I have one I'm testing now and it has been on for 12 days striaght so far and is still shining bright. Total cost was about 5 bucks. I'll see if I can post pics.

733836_10100986978958129_1939331466_n.jpg

Nuff said

Toilet paper. With toilet paper I can get anything else I want.

That and the willingness to eat people. Only the bad ones though, and there won't be any shortage. And they'll have things on them. I can get those things.

Here is the flashlight. Just install the resistor in one of the wires. Doesn't matter which one. Total cost was something like 4.90 for the flashlight with battery. I bought 20 of the 56 ohm resistors on Ebay for like 2.30 with shipping.

Eveready 6V flashlight.jpg

56 ohm resistors.jpg

56 ohm resistor installed.jpg

Modded light is on the right.jpg

The modded light is dimmer but trust me, it still lights up the room and like I said, I've had one running for 12 days now.

i got a tip quit being so paranoid :ban:

Not paranoid Nizzle. Okay, maybe a little bit. Mostly just like to be prepared and spend time, little money building cool things. Who couldn't use a flashlight that will last for 300 plus hours for under 5 bucks?
:D

Not paranoid Nizzle. Okay, maybe a little bit. Mostly just like to be prepared and spend time, little money building cool things. Who couldn't use a flashlight that will last for 300 plus hours for under 5 bucks?
:D

you do always need a good flashlight:mug:

Was thinking the same thing. Redundancy.

It's a RAIT 1 (random array of Inexpensive threads)

CompSci peeps will get that one.

Avista can't keep the power on all winter. Spokane couldn't figure out how to start plow truck if you shoved the keys up the mayors ###. every few decades our mountains explode. once in a while we have fire storms.

Yeah we prep. :D

to stay on topic
tip:
in a pinch an '84 LTD will run on a 50/50 mix of ag diesel and acetone.

brewers have propane and a large supply of purified water.

Latest posts

Back