Don't stand next to the kid with the BigBoy sauce!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigHefty

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So the other day I take my 15 year old daughter out to lunch at our local Big Boy. They had a "build your own burger" buffet that we both thought would be good to try. It came with the soup and salad bar so we'd have plenty to eat. We both head up to the buffet and grab a burger to make. Now I'm not sure how many of you are familiar with Big Boy but they have a burger called the "Big Boy" and it has a sauce very similar to a Big Mac. Since this was a buffet, they had the sauce out there in a squeeze bottle. I'm standing next to my darling daughter and she decides she wants to try the sauce by squeezing a little bit on her finger. Waiting, waiting, waiting... and POW!!!!!!! I hear a loud pop and quickly realize that the sauce container was plugged. She kept squeezing harder and harder until it let go. Well, I'm standing there with my mouth wide open looking down at a large stream of Big Boy sauce that starts at the middle of my shirt and runs all the way down my right leg on to the floor. The look on my kids face was priceless... I couldn't tell if it was sheer terror thinking that her short life was about to end or if it was more the "I'm going to be grounded forever!" look. She didn't realize, but I was doing everything I could to keep from busting out laughing. I just said "go get a towel from the waitress." She took off in a sprint while I stood there just shaking my head. What seemed like 2 minutes was more like 10 seconds when she came back with the towel. I wiped off, finished making my burger, and sat down to eat. She stayed there to finish her burger but when she came back to the table she had a bowl of soup. She says "Dad, I got this for you cause I know it's your favorite!" This kid NEVER does anything without being asked/told so I knew she was feeling bad. I figured I'd make the best of it and asked if she'd go make me a salad with all the fixin's. "Sure, no problem" she said. Finally, after I'm full I look at her and smile. She says "What are you smiling at?" I tell her that I have been trying to keep from busting out in laughter at what happened. She starts laughing too and says "I thought you were gonna kill me!!" HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! It was classic and I sure do wish I would have gotten it on tape... might have won $10,000 to pay for a bunch of brewing equipment! :D

Haha that's a great story! Although I'm still young, these are the kinds of stories that makes me want kids...for awesome stories/memories/bonding moments like this!

Bob's Big Boy?

Man I thought they went out of business a long time ago... When I was a kid that's where we always met up after sports events and parties or what not... (the one at hawthorne and 182nd st in torrance, ca)

I haven't seen one of those in commifornia for at least two decades...

I thought hey went belly up, but now I realize that they just fled the state like most every other business eventually does...

Wow yeah I didn't know that there were any BB's left open anymore. Haha yeah r8rphan I wonder how long it'll be before McD's leaves since toys in happy meals are banned in CA.

From what I understand.. Crispy Creme is completely leaving the state because of the trans-fat laws.. Damn! Those things were good!

This crap just 'starts' in Commifornia.. but eventually infects the whole country...

Tell me again why businesses are leaving this country?
:mad:

Still got Big Boys in MI! Big Rapids 15 minutes from me. Cadillac 30 minutes from me. I think just about every decent sized town has one. We used to go there for the Sunday Morning Buffet.

From what I understand.. Crispy Creme is completely leaving the state because of the trans-fat laws.. Damn! Those things were good!

This crap just 'starts' in Commifornia.. but eventually infects the whole country...

Tell me again why businesses are leaving this country?
:mad:

I don't see Krispy Creme leaving your state as a bad thing...If every fast food/junk food joint were to pick up and leave tomorrow, I wouldn't miss them.

I don't see Krispy Creme leaving your state as a bad thing...If every fast food/junk food joint were to pick up and leave tomorrow, I wouldn't miss them.

Yeah but when it's gubmint looking out for people they'd rather die of heart disease....stop talking sense, it makes you a commie or something.

They'll take my crispy cremes from my cold dead hands....dead of a heart attack at 45 I'll add.

Yea, I've often debated whether the government getting rid of that stuff is right or not, and I see both sides...but thats really a topic for another thread.

I wouldn't necessarily miss them either.. as I live so far from them I rarely get to use them anyways.. but there are a lot of supposedly 'free' people who 'would' miss them...

There is a difference between quality of life and length of life... When you are told exactly what you are allowed to eat, what you are allowed to build on your property, as well as how and where (and you have to bribe the state to do it), what you are allowed to speak, say, worship, and watch.. as opposed to what you 'choose' to do in all those things.. you become nothing more than a worker bee... and the 'quality' of your life is lowered to where increase in the length of life loses it's meaning...

Furthermore, if you regulate business to the point where it chooses to go 'elsewhere', then the standard of living economically is lowered... Further reducing the 'quality' of life..

This is why Americans have enjoyed the highest standard of living (Quality of life) that the world has ever known... It's about 'freedom'....

When someone else arrogantly determines that they know better than you what is better for you, and then forces you to submit to them at the tip of a legislative pen, then just the fact that you can not have what you want, makes you want it more, and results in further anger, resentment, and dissatisfaction..

This is why the USSR and China have always been filled with 'happy people' enjoying a high quality of life.. NOT!

What is harder on a person's health and well being... fatty foods, or stress/depression?

BTW, they'll come after your alcohol soon too...

Because they'll see that as a way they can 'prevent' problems and save themselves money on health care.. because that is what it is about now.. saving what they see as 'their' money...
:mug:

That's funny. I would imagine she was terrified. I was 10, I was at a burger place (Dan's) and they have the ketchup at the table, someone had unscrewed the cap. My Father walked of to get napkins when I went to get ketchup.

When he came back everything was covered in ketchup, my clothes, my burger, everything.

He just busted up laughing.

Being 10, I ate the ketchup by the spoon full.

Ahhh.. the ole loose ketchup cap trick..
I wonder if the perpetrators were still there spying in another part of the restaraunt?

If the Bobs Big Boy sauce had ended up on the daughter, it would have been a pretty embarrassing thing for her... Dad's care much less what everyone else thinks though...

This is a great story and great memory to share with your 15 year old daughter. Knowing that you both can laugh together and at each other is priceless. Life is funny, we don't always have to get mad when it doesn't go our way. Keep up the good work on being a great Dad!

Ahhh.. the ole loose ketchup cap trick..
I wonder if the perpetrators were still there spying in another part of the restaraunt?

If the Bobs Big Boy sauce had ended up on the daughter, it would have been a pretty embarrassing thing for her... Dad's care much less what everyone else thinks though...

Maybe, I'll never know.

I'm a Dad, I can confirm that I don't care what people think about me being covered in sauce.

Back