done fermenting in a day?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bj2387

Reaction score
hey there. probably on my 4th BIAB batch. did an all grain caribou slobber. i have never used danstar windsor ale yeast. the foam or krausen? that is usually at the top has already dropped out in 24 hours. is this just the yeast working its magic?

i always ferment for at least 2 weeks and probably will. it just seems very quick for that to occur

EDIT: i know the title of the thread seems a little intense. just trying to be eye catching haha

My first question would be, what temp are you fermenting at?
While there is a range, I would think Windsor likes it in the low to mid 60's.

the yeast package said anywhere between 64-70. from when i checked i was mostly around 66-68. Im still somewhat new and it just seemed very early to "drop Out" i guess you could call it. i have never used the yeast and had never seen that happen so quickly

Take a gravity reading. What was your original gravity before pitching the yeast? and what is it now?
66 to 68 is not bad. The yeast should have fermented out at that temp.

If you're still pretty far from your final expected gravity after the krausen dropped then it would be worth trying to pitch another packet of yeast.

Latest posts

Back