Doh.... dropped my CO2 regulator... will this work?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stblindtiger

Reaction score
Ok.... I recently bought this:
2%20Keg%20BasicDB%20Homebrew5000STANDARD.jpg

While putting the kegs into the fridge, the CO2 tank fell over onto the concrete, and the brass fitting in between the two gauges broke off leaving half the threaded part in the base of the one gauge.

I went to a local hardware store, and bought an easy out, and a galvanized connector. I got the broken piece of thread out of the valve base and used the galvanized connector instead of the brass one... will this be a problem?

I used a little bit of plumbers tape to help seal the threads, and it is not leaking. I'm just worried about the pressure, and also any reactions to the CO2????

There isn't a problem with using a galvanized connector as opposed to a brass one is there? Will I have to worry about rust or something else?

Should I just use this as a short term fix, or will I be ok for a while?

Thanks!

kegpiecebroken.jpg

...if the first post wasn't very clear... this is the piece I was talking about.

I'm just not sure if there will be problems with a galvanized connector instead of the brass one...

Your fine.
Galvanizing protects against corrosion. It will have a negligible reaction with the brass. Plus the Teflon will act as a barrier between the two metals.

you will have absolutely no ill effects from your fix.

now, to the most important question - what's on tap??? :mug:

LOL... thanks!

I have Jamil's Blonde Ale and NCBeernut's (I found his recipe on here... it's AWESOME!) Deception Cream Stout on tap....

Back