Doggies Dig the Sweet Wort Wood.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vonZwicky

Reaction score
This is the damage done by one of my varmints after using my fancy new calibrated kettle stick one time:

img1976tw.jpg

heck.. my dog would even need it to be wort flavored.. the idiot keeps dragging logs out of the woodpile to chew on... guess that's why we named him woody.

heck.. my dog would even need it to be wort flavored.. the idiot keeps dragging logs out of the woodpile to chew on... guess that's why we named him woody.

Good name for your dog. :)

Oh well, lesson learned on this one. I knew I had cut the stick to exactly 3 feet, so it wasn't a big deal to buy a new dowel ($4), transfer and burn the new calibration marks. It was still a pain. I'm not a bad guy, so I resisted the initial impulse shove the stick up his doggy arse.

I won't be leaving the new stick within reach of the animals in the future. :mug:

Mysticmead said:
as much of a pain in the arse he is.. he's still my brew buddy.

Mysticmead - what kind of dog is that??? He looks exactly like my old dog (a mutt) , and we were always curious what kind of mix he was...

Mysticmead - what kind of dog is that??? He looks exactly like my old dog (a mutt) , and we https://cdn.homebrewtalk.com/images/editor/attach.gifwere always curious what kind of mix he was...

he's an American Bulldog... right now he's still a puppy... 7 months old..and already weighing in at 75lbs..
this is him after a hard day of helping me brew (getting under foot, trying to trip me that sorta thing)

woody.jpg

Back