dogfish 90 venting like crazy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ttsjeff2

Reaction score
I made a dogfish 99 Friday night. Woke up this morning and the air vent is going crazy venting. Even some of the wort is making it's way into the vent. The bucket kooks like it will explode. Any thing I should do?

Shove some tubing into your rubber bung and into a milk jug half full of sanitizer. You don't want your bucket to explode, trust me...

Sent from my iPhone using HB Talk

Ok. So I pulled the airlock out and then pulled the rubbe plug off and shoved a clear siphone hose into it and out it back into the bucket. It's starting to bubble inside the half gallon picture now. What caused this. Is it normal

Its perfectly normal. Some beers ferment like crazy, other's do not. Also temperature has an effect on how vigorous the fermentation is. Hotter usually = more violent. Just make sure to keep fermentation temps within the proper range.

What would be a normal temp. I keep the buckets on a concrete floor I. The kitchen under a old desk. It prop 65 n there and maybe a little cooler under there. Btw it smeels awesome. If this comes out even close to the orginal I'm stoked

Also, make sure the beer end of your blowofftuve is NOT in the wart but in the headspace between the wart and the top of your bucket. Otherwise the pressure will siphon your beer out of the bucket into the sanitizer and you'll end up with a fermenter full of co2.

Depends on your yeast, but typically 65-72F

Sent from my iPhone using HB Talk

It is still venting lime crazy. I hate to think what would have happened if I didn't vent this think. Just bottled a fat tire clone that looks great. Drinking a Belgian trippel I made a grilling rattlesnack bites on the grill. Doesn't get any better. Thanks for the
Help

Back