Does this recipe sound ok?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xzarfna

Reaction score
Hey there, Just wanted to get a second opinion on this cider recipe i wanna try - Gonna use Champagne yeast to get a nice high ABV.

4 Litres Apple Juice
330g Honey
200g Dark Muscovado Sugar
1 TSP Pectolase
1 TSP Yeast Nutrient.

Just gonna throw them all into a DJ with the champagne yeast and leave to ferment, then rack directly into primed Swing-Top Bottles.

Does this sound OK?

That is going to be a really high ABV. Young apple cider doesn't handle high alcohol real well

yeah, noticed that when i put it into beersmith - how about simply 200g of Muscovado and a tablespoon of honey for a hint of the honey taste? by my calculations, including sugar already in apple juice, it should come out around 7-8%

forget the honey, just go with the muscovado and it will be close to 9% from my experience

try throwing in a cup of strong black tea and half an oz of oak chips in the primary.
I did it with a 1 gallon batch for my birthday dinner and I had to beat my in-laws with a big stick just so that I could get a second glass!

Latest posts

Back