Does this fall into a specific style?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sager Brewing Co.

Reaction score
I tried using the search but I am not sure what to search for, I was thinking of making a beer/cider, with say 2-3 gallons of fresh pressed apple juice and the rest with normal beer wort. Does this fall into a bjcp style? I want to look it up on bjcp but I am not sure what style to look at.

Make the beer first, something very sour, then add the fruit juice and ferment, belgian style!

Yeah that's basically what I was going to do, but I'm talking about 2-3 gallons of beer and then 2-3 gallons of fresh apple juice, I don't know if that would fall into any of the Belgium styles with that much juice.

I think I've heard of this before, but I'll be damned if I know what to call it. You should try it and let us know what it tastes like. Apple beer I guess you'd call it.

I made a bigass cider with 2lb of malt extract (amongst other things, honey, juice concentrates) that turned out great. No hops in it though. I think hops + cider might be a little :p

Unibroue(sp) has a very apple beer. The name of it escapes me.

I made a bigass cider with 2lb of malt extract (amongst other things, honey, juice concentrates) that turned out great. No hops in it though. I think hops + cider might be a little :p

Unibroue(sp) has a very apple beer. The name of it escapes me.

Ephemere (10 characters)

Back