Docooler digital thermostat -30F!!!!???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I converted a brand new chest freezer to a fermentation chamber about a year ago. I installed the Docooler and have been very happy with it. However, last week, I went to grab some yeast and it was reading -30F. I opened it up and everything was froze solid. All my damn yeast stains! Poof. The glass jars were so brittle 2 cracked.

Interestingly, the docooler doesn't even have a setting below 38F.
I checked the leads and they are all good. Has anyone experienced this?

I am just going to get a new unit and temp probe, but I don't want to wake up and find 5 gal of brew froze solid.

STC-1000 presumably.
They have been known to suffer stuck relays.
If the compressor runs without the Cool indicator lit, that'd be a dead giveaway right there...

Cheers!

STC-1000 presumably.
They have been known to suffer stuck relays.
If the compressor runs without the Cool indicator lit, that'd be a dead giveaway right there...

Cheers!

Hmm, I had my STC freeze my keezer solid, I attributed it to putting a warm keg semi-close to the water bottle with the temp sensor. That was a PITA, now you got me worried about it happening again.

Usually it's a one-and-done fatal condition when the relay points weld together.
And it's not unique to the STC-1K, pretty much all of the small DIN controllers use the same relays...

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back