Do you see what I see...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

illin8

Reaction score
So we scrapped plans to go with new construction with our new house and am buying something else. During the home inspection today, I got a better look in the basement. Owner is an amateur photographer and hadn't finished a blackroom in the basement. Do you see what I see!?!? oh yeah

Here is it from the outside
IMG_00611.JPG

And walking in
IMG_00831.JPG

The photo sink (or whatever you call it) with water hookups coming down and utility sink
IMG_0084.JPG

View from the back, the SWMBO has an idea of what I'm up to but really doesn't know the extent of it. Thats a vent fan on the back right wall.
IMG_00821.JPG

It's about 8-9' wide and about 20'+ deep with wall strip outlets all around and wrap around countertops in the back. The 30-amp dryer outlet is just outside the door. Can we say E-HERMS?!?! muuuahahahahahahaha

I will finally be able to have a space just for brewing...scored an extra fridge too! I can't wait to hook it up...not closing til July though...guess I'll start buying the parts soon. Pol I'll be in touch!!

I see a furnace on a flat basement floor. is that legal in RI? Usually they're up on a little 3" curb.

Just kidding, looks like an awesome potential brewery. It's funny, I got my carboys from my dad's winemaking operation, which is also in a former darkroom.

So, did you look at any other part of the house? I guess it doesn't matter since you're gonna be in the basement all of the time! Good luck on the move & congratulations on the score. - Dwain

Easy...it'll go on the opposite side of the unfinished basement just outside the darkroom/future brewery...

IMG_00852.JPG

IMG_0086.JPG

Back