Do you have a guilty pleasure beer??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BirdBrau said:
I don't necessarily publicize my affinity for PBR, but especially for enjoying in the outdoors it can't be beat. It is best when consumed near freezing during a day of backcountry skiing...

+1 love a PBR can or the occasional high life bottle.

Budweiser. Don't even feel guilty about it.

As it's not a guilty pleasure I'll fess up to something else... I like paramore even though I'm not a teenage girl.

Must have a regional distribution. Can't recall seeing it in the stores down here in Texas, but then again, wasn't looking for it either.
Pez.

Krogers around the College Station area carry it. I haven't had one in years. I'll probably have to pick some up now.

High life, and when I'm really slumming, OE.

Last time I tried OE I wondered how I ever choked that stuff down.

At home I don't particularly have any guilty pleasure beers, I drink homebrew or good craftbrew - cheapest commercial beer I drink at home is probably SNPA. But when I go camping, I might bring some camping beers (bud or PBR). Also, if I'm at a Mexican place (or actually in Mexico) I won't say no to a Dos Equis.

High life is my mass consumption beer, or pbr if I'm going to a concert or another situation where most people will blow it off bc it's pbr and it "sucks" so they won drink my ice cold beer!

I love me an ice cold bud light lime/miller chill if its really hot out or I have been playing on the lake all day

Stone RIS 2011 with 3 oz of framboise lambic(not the sweet kind)...its soo fricken good.....
Igotsand

My wife's grandfather used to stay up with me watching Red Sox games when we'd visit them in Boston. He loved Miller High Life, the champagne of beers so they say. We would sit and he would tell me stories about his days as a gunner on a B24 Liberator over Europe and we'd have a couple pops. He passed in 06', so that's my guilty pleasure....a crappy beer, in my opinion, with some of my best memories attached.

my grandfather was a pilot on a B-24, if you are interesting in reading about B-24 stores i recommend Stephen Ambros' book Wild Blue

I drank a bud light yesterday while doing yard work and it was good! I drink bud light lime without shame in the summer. I always keep some pbr and highlife on hand. I like most beers.

biochemedic said:
No one from The 'Burgh going to 'fess up about secretly enjoying Iron City? It's a pretty damn tasty beer, especially when it's super fresh right from your favorite drinking hole on the North Side...

Went to school near the burgh, and iron city light was on the menu just about every weekend

A few years ago we got the local PBR rep to sponsor our wiffleball league so I usually will drink a couple of those in the Summertime when I'm playing some wiffle.

It's not a guilty pleasure because I like what I like but I usually drink this when I'm wanting to get faced.

PBR

I will drink and enjoy almost any and all beer placed in front of me. The one I really like and get the most grief for is PBR. I love the stuff, especially in bottles and especially for the price. Now that I started homebrewing though I try to make as much as I drink so I don't have to buy from the store.

Fess up. Do you have a beer you like that you hope no other beer nerds see you buy??? You know, one you drink in private?

On hot Summer days here in Texas I sometimes buy a sixer of Bud in the bottles, stick em in the freezer till the necks start to freeze, and drink them during outdoor projects.

Also discovered I like George Killians Red.

Anyone else wish to unburden themselves?:)

Pez.
yup cherry lambic..real wussy stuff but i love me a bottle every now and then

Bud Light Lime in the summertime. I've also been known to pick up a 40oz of Miller Lite just to see if I can drink it before it warms up and gets nasty.

PBR for a long session (I do not feel guilty)
Pacifico and Corona with Mexican food (again, I do not feel guilty)
Pyramid Apricot and FuFu Martinis (A little Guilty...)

+1 to the Grain Belt. I was introduced to this several years back on a visit to The Cities. A friend had a fridge full and needless to say he did not go to bed with a fridge even close to full. Not bad ata ll for a session beer. If they distributed out here, I'd drink 'em on a hot day

I will still drink any beer offered to me.

Go to store bought will always be Shiner Bock, something about it, and it made me see that beer didn't all taste like Bud light/Miller light.

I've been known to bring home 12 packs of Schlitz and PBR. I think PBR tops Budweiser in taste anyday.

Last time I went to get beer w/ my dad, was a gas station with very limited selection, I picked up a 12 of PBR. My dad looked at me funny and said "I thought you liked good beer?"

landshark with a lime in the bottle. i could drink those all day in the summer. and pbr because that's all you can get with drink tickets when you play shows in philly

Every 6 months or so I'll grab a can of Bud Light Chelada (the one with Clamato in it) at the grocery store. It really hits the spot and I've never met anyone else who doesn't think it tastes horrible.

I'm not sure where it falls in the BMC level, but I always keep Kokanee on hand. I play in a pool league so that's usually the best you can get in most of the pool bars.

Also my grandma used to own a tavern in a small town near here. She sold it years ago but once a year we go down there (along with my grandpa and mom) for a pitcher or 3 of coors light and some whiskeys. Nothing like getting sloshed with your grandparents!

I'll say though I feel guilty for neither.

Kosch

I'm not sure where it falls in the BMC level, but I always keep Kokanee on hand. I play in a pool league so that's usually the best you can get in most of the pool bars.

Also my grandma used to own a tavern in a small town near here. She sold it years ago but once a year we go down there (along with my grandpa and mom) for a pitcher or 3 of coors light and some whiskeys. Nothing like getting sloshed with your grandparents!

I'll say though I feel guilty for neither.

Kosch

Kokanee is great, as is Molson and Labatt's.

I will almost drink any beer, but when I go on hunting or fishing trips I get Lone Star or Pearl Light. It is something about drinking crappy Texas beer that I love.

image-578847147.jpg

Uh huh!

Back